Two food sites make Time magazine's 50-best list
  Re: (...)
Someone just sent me a link to Time Magazine's 50 Best Websites of 2008, and I discovered that two of them (not counting the free-rice site) are food related.

For Serious Eats, they say:
Quote:

Join foodies for your fill of culinary news, discussions, recipes and restaurant reviews at Serious Eats, an international food blog to which "Molto" Mario Batali sometimes contributes. Whether or not you're a gastronome, reading about Rome's bountiful organic markets and the hearty hot dogs of Santiago, Chile, will surprise and delight you. Entertaining and heated discussions flare up about the most mundane food-related minutiae: the best thing to eat when you're lunching at your office desk; the pros and cons of Ruth's Chris Steak House. If your interest is specifically big-city dining, check out Savory Cities for terrific videos and chef interviews shot at top restaurants in New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco and Seattle. And for a broader range of consumer reviews, menus and online reservations at eateries around the country, check out BooRah.

The one that sounds really interesting to me, though is Open Source Food, about which they said:
Quote:

The pictures alone on this foodie's wiki-paradise are enough to make you want to strap on your apron and start sautéing. Anyone can submit recipes to Open Source Food, and members can rate them. Contribute 10 or more highly rated recipes, and you'll be designated a "pro." If you find an offering you especially like, you can search for all the other dishes submitted by the same chef. Though the Web has no shortage of recipe sites — like All Recipes, Epicurious and Food TV — Open Source Food has an appealing for-the-masses-by-the-masses vibe that makes it worth visiting.

If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Two food sites make Time magazine's 50-best list by labradors (Someone just sent me...)
Thanks for the sites Labs. When I've got time, I want to check them out...they look very interesting!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Two food sites make Time magazine's 50-best list by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks for the sites...)
hmmmmm, our little neighborhood was not mentione???

They do sound interesting. Thanks labs.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com