Happy B'day to Me....
  Re: (...)
I turned another year older (actually only a day older) today. I'm leaving for Portland to begin work on the Love Boxes for Afghanistan and Iraq tomorrow, so will have a busy week. We will mail them off either Friday, Saturday or Monday, depending on when the boxes are ready.

I would particularly like to thank BarbaraS for her contribution for these troops. She sent me some Spiced Pecans which are absolutely delicious. She uses these nuts in her business so doesn't want to share the recipe, but she really did a bunch for our guys and gals. I'm so proud of her and grateful for her generosity.

Jean also send me a box, haven't seen it yet since it's going to be at Marilee's, but I'm sure the troops will appreciate her generosity too!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Happy B'day to Me.... by bjcotton (I turned another yea...)
Happy birthday, Billy! Have a great time in Portland! Are you making your own cake?
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Happy B'day to Me.... by bjcotton (I turned another yea...)
Quote:

I would particularly like to thank BarbaraS for her contribution for these troops. She sent me some Spiced Pecans which are absolutely delicious. She uses these nuts in her business so doesn't want to share the recipe, but she really did a bunch for our guys and gals. I'm so proud of her and grateful for her generosity.

Happy Birthday Billy!!!

I don't have a business, but I would like to!! I love creating these nuts for people.

You're a great person for doing these boxes for the troops!! I'm only happy to participate.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Happy B'day to Me.... by BarbaraS ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Oh crap, Billy J - I didn't get the box done and it's not in the darn mail and I feel like a real snake in the grass!! I'm so sorry that my life got ahead of me in thinking of others. You know I want to say much more than "crap" but I'll say it here to me!

Happy, Happy Birthday, to a real favorite friend even if I don't act like it sometimes.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Happy B'day to Me.... by cjs (Oh crap, Billy J - I...)
AW, Billy, I feel so bad I didn't get to help out. If you do it again, let me know, and I'll try to get the kids to help out.

And Happy Birthday again! I'd love to know what happened to you cake icon.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Happy B'day to Me.... by Gourmet_Mom (AW, Billy, I feel so...)
I'm guessing that if you don't set up your BD in your "My Home" options, the forum format won't know to put up the cake and it won't show the fact on the main forum page.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Happy B'day to Me.... by BarbaraS (I'm guessing that if...)
I get enuogh reminders that I'm "another year older" without my computer reminding me

Jean dear, forgive yourself for forgetting! There will be other occasions. I'm not planning on doing this just once. For those in COLD country, the heavy socks recomended for the troops are 4 pair for $9.99 at Costco and they are "Kirkland Outdoor Trail Socks" a Merino wool blend. I got 14 packages to send overseas.

Billy
  Re: Re: Happy B'day to Me.... by bjcotton (I get enuogh reminde...)
Billy, Flippy from the other site just got back to the US. He posted the name of a friend of his who is still there. Let me know if you want it.
  Re: Re: Happy B'day to Me.... by Lorraine (Billy, Flippy from t...)
Who the heck is Flippy? We don't need any more addresses now. We are sending 7 boxes and have already gotten more names than we can do boxes. I appreciate your thoughts though.

Billy
  Re: Re: Happy B'day to Me.... by bjcotton (Who the heck is Flip...)
" We don't need any more addresses no "

Glad to hear that. I was just trying to help.