Potato Skins
  Re: (...)
I was wondering if I can freeze these. I made the Baked Potato Soup last night and won't be able to use the skins until the weekend. Can I freeze them, or will they be okay in the fridge until then?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Potato Skins by Gourmet_Mom (I was wondering if I...)
I'd say either one Daph. I've done alot of freezing, tho not tater skins. Still, I can't see any reason not to freeze them. Wrap well, get all the air out. On the other hand, the weekend isn't far off, so why not just keep them well covered in the fridge. Ok, so I vote fridge for what it's worth
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Potato Skins by farnfam (I'd say either one D...)
Cis, I'm thinking fridge also. I'm doing some of the appies this Saturday, and unless somebody comes on to contradict us, I'm leaving them in the fridge. I'm thinking freezing will compromise the structure of the skin.

I so can't wait for the bacon and cheese on these babies...LOL! It's been a while, can you tell?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Potato Skins by Gourmet_Mom (Cis, I'm thinking fr...)
Why don't you keep them in the fridge and then fry them in your fry daddy or a skillet--crisp the outside, and serve with the condiments--sprinkle with chopped onions or chives---blu cheese?--parmesan? Sounds good to me!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Potato Skins by Old Bay (Why don't you keep t...)
Well Bill, I'd thought about baking them, but your idea makes me want to be bad...REALLY BAD!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Potato Skins by Gourmet_Mom (Well Bill, I'd thoug...)
Quote:

Well Bill, I'd thought about baking them, but your idea makes me want to be bad...REALLY BAD!

GOOD!! CARPE DIEM!!

P.S. Some say I am Beelzebub, but I pay no attention to them, nor should you--enjoy
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".