August 2008 issue
  Re: (...)
I misplaced my August issue and think there is a breakfast egg casserole recipe in the issue. Can anyone take a quick look in their copy to see if I'm correct? And if so, please post the recipe for me? I wanted to make it for a brunch on Sunday. Thanks in advance for any help.
  Re: August 2008 issue by d4bader (I misplaced my Augus...)
Can you be more specific? I looked at my August issue and couldn't find anything relating to eggs.

I do recall a more recent quiche-type recipe using hash browns as the crust and a regular quiche recipe for the rest in a pie pan.

Does this do anything for you?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: August 2008 issue by BarbaraS (Can you be more spec...)
Hmmm - maybe it was another magazine then. Thanks so much for checking. Happy Holidays!
  Re: Re: August 2008 issue by d4bader (Hmmm - maybe it was ...)
There has been a recipe with a "strudel" type recipe with a braided top this year. Could that be it? I seem to remember another egg/breakfast/brunch recipe, but would have to look. But if you are sure it's August, I won't bother.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: August 2008 issue by Gourmet_Mom (There has been a rec...)
There is also a breakfast fritata in the Holiday Cookbook that also appears in another cookbook. I have been looking for a breakfast casserole myself for next weekend. I hope this thread drums out some good ideas!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: August 2008 issue by chef_Tab (There is also a brea...)
"I do recall a more recent quiche-type recipe using hash browns as the crust and a regular quiche recipe for the rest in a pie pan."

Barbara, do you remember where this recipe might be found? It sounds promising.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: August 2008 issue by chef_Tab ("I do recall a more ...)
Theresa,

I'm at work now so I'll look it up when I get home unless someone beats me to it. I remember it was a one-pager recipe, not a featured one.

I made this not too long ago and it was great! The hash browns browned and crunched up nicely. And I used my deep dish pie plate.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: August 2008 issue by d4bader (I misplaced my Augus...)
Okay,

So I went through the recipe index for issues up to #66 and here's what I see:

Issue #56 (April 2006) has quiche recipes for:

Cream Cheese Crust
Ham, Sweet Potato, and Broccoli Quiche
Crab and Scallion Quiche
Sausage, Mushroom, and Mustard Greens Quiche

Then, issue #45 (June, 2004) has a quiche recipe for Potato crust quiche that's made with ready-made hash browns you can buy in the store.

Let me know if one feels similar to what you're looking for and I'll type it in.

Barbara