Dinner Thursday, Dec. 11th??
  Re: (...)
We had so much fun yesterday with my Mother and my Aunt at lunch - I got my Aunt to talking about growing up and heard some wonderful stories! So many, we had to take a late ferry home and just grabbed a couple of leftovers from the party for dinner - thank God I had them in the fridge.

Tonight it will be leftovers again - French toast with some ham slices from the freezer. Breakfast for dinner. Have enough 18 hour bread to maybe make a bread pudding also, down the road.

Today will be spent finding the house! We just made a pathway thru before going to bed Tuesday night and left at 6:30 a.m. yesterday, so you can imagine what we came home to last night.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Thursday, Dec. 11th?? by cjs (We had so much fun y...)
One person is out tonight, I'll be on a pcking blitz, so I think he'll get a bacon cheese sandwich.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Dinner Thursday, Dec. 11th?? by cjs (We had so much fun y...)
Clueless, AGAIN! Thank goodness I've already planned my holiday menu, cuz I've got such a brain block lately. Going grocery + other stuff shopping later, so I'm pretty sure some idea will present itself. I keep mentally going over my holiday list and no other thoughts are coming to me duh.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Dinner Thursday, Dec. 11th?? by farnfam (Clueless, AGAIN! Tha...)
At 6:00am this morning I was already browsing C&H issues and I settled on the pork fajitas from Issue 65. I'll make some jazzed up canned black beans as well.
  Re: Re: Dinner Thursday, Dec. 11th?? by Trixxee (At 6:00am this morni...)
" browsing C&H issues "
Mine are all packed and gone. I'm missing them already!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Dinner Thursday, Dec. 11th?? by Lorraine (" browsing C&H issue...)
Have an early evening meeting, so we've planned to have the leftovers from the chile marinated pork tenderloins tonight. We also had the very last of the garden tomatoes to use or pitch, so last night Hubby made a roasted tomato soup from an older issue of CAH. I'll serve that with the pork.

Yesterday was teenage daughter's last teenage birthday. We're having her special dinner tomorrow. She's ordered filet mignon with mushroom sauce, twice baked potatoes, green vege of my choice, and the Chocolate Espresso Torte with raspberry sauce from CAH issue 7. I've made this recipe many times and we still love it. It's a heart attack on a plate - 8 eggs, 20 oz chocolate, more than a pound of butter, and the espresso. It needs to be made a day ahead to set, so that and the twice bakes will be my cooking for tonight.
  Re: Re: Dinner Thursday, Dec. 11th?? by HomeCulinarian (Have an early evenin...)
Tonight will be leftovers from Tuesday when I made Erin's Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna. It was wonderful, but definately not a dish to make every week. It is soooo rich and sooo good! I'm going to try Daphne's suggestion for a hot water bath in the oven for reheating. I'm thinking it might be more like fresh made than if it's microwaved.

Last night we had Aunt Jeanne's Beer Stew, a recipe that I got from our own Chef Jean, given to her by Roy's aunt. It was so good Ron was practically licking his plate.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner Thursday, Dec. 11th?? by Mare749 (Tonight will be left...)
Love, love, love to hear that!! And Aunt Jeanne is smiling down from heaven raising her glass to you!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Thursday, Dec. 11th?? by cjs (Love, love, love to ...)
I feel like such a lagger! Haven't done any real cooking since I got here, just getting the boxes ready. Last night I made a black pepper cream sauce with chicken burger and served it over brown basmati rice. Tonight Marilee and I are going out to dinner. Her hubby doesn't want to go.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Dinner Thursday, Dec. 11th?? by bjcotton (I feel like such a l...)
Well, when I started reading your posts, I was totally undecided and uninspired. Like Cis, I have been blocked for 3 days. Then I read Billy's post and my dinner was planned. I think I'm just going to do regular old-fashioned burgers and fries! Thanks Billy! Off to the store...Well, just as soon as this wind lays off a bit, maybe! GEEZ! REALLY stormy here! I have a feeling I won't get much sleep tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.