Cookie Issue
  Re: (...)
Does anyone have the Cookie Issue and specifically the Pecan Tart recipe? I did a "test drive" for the recipe, bought all of the ingredients and am making them today BUT.... I just discovered I left the Issue in my car (which is in the collision repair shop).... and there are no issues at any store nearby.
  Re: Cookie Issue by lili429 (Does anyone have the...)
I have it, but I'm just on my way out the door. Sheesh!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Cookie Issue by Harborwitch (I have it, but I'm j...)
Wish I could help you out... I can't do it for you until evening. Hope someone else comes along to rescue you. It's a good recipe!
  Re: Re: Cookie Issue by HomeCulinarian (Wish I could help yo...)
If it's Pecan Pie bites - don't anyone else type it up - I'm on my way to do it.

Pecan Pie Bites
Makes 40-45 tartlets

For the crust –
Cream;Add:
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened (1 cup)
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. table salt

For the Filling –
Toast & chop:
1 bag pecan halves (6 oz)

Whisk together:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
1/4 cup pure maple sugar
2 T. unsalted butter, melted
2 T. bourbon, optional
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. table salt
Reserved chopped pecans

Top tartlets with; sprinkle with:
Untoasted pecan halves
Fleur de sel or kosher salt

Preheat oven to 350 F.; coat mini muffin pans with nonstick spray.

Cream 2 sticks butter and 2/3 cup brown sugar for the crust in a bowl with a mixer until blended. Add the flour and salt; mix until sandy (dough will seem dry).

Press 1 T. dough into each well of the prepared muffin tins, shaping it up the sides. Prebake the tartlet shells for 8 minutes, or until set and lightly golden around the edges.

Remove shells from the oven and pat the bottoms down lightly with your fingertips or a small spoon; set shells aside.

Toast pecans for the filling on a baking sheet in a single layer until fragrant, 10-15 minutes; chop coarsely and set aside. NOTE: Not very good instructions - calls for a 6 oz. bag of pecans, but how many do you toast and chop?? And how many to keep untoasted and keep whole for garnish?????? Do you buy more than 6 oz.?

Whisk both sugars, eggs, syrup, butter, bourbon, vanilla, table salt, and pecans together in a bowl. Pour 1 T. filling into each shell.

Tip each tartlet with a pecan half, then bake for 15 minutes, or until filling is set and crust is browned.

Sprinkle tartlets with salt, then let cool in pan for 15 minutes. To remove run a knife around each and carefully lift out.

Or make bars: Just halve the dough recipe, pat it into a 9” square pan, and Prebake for 12 min. Make the filling as written, our over the crust, and bake 15-20 min.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cookie Issue by cjs (If it's Pecan Pie bi...)
I've made these and they are GOOD. You need to count out one halved pecan for each tartlet, toast and chop the rest.