Such A Surprise Yesterday!!!
  Re: (...)
We made our rounds to our two wineries here in town yesterday (Camaraderie and Harbinger) to collect our wine club bottles. While at Harbinger's, Sarah, the wine maker/co-owner was holding a cooler full of what we found out later was pkgs. of Razor clams!!!! I got so excited when she mentioned them, that she gave us a pkg. to bring home with us. I can't believe she offered this, we're getting acquainted, but wow, for her to give us these was just unbelieveable. For those of you who have never had razor clams, they are the sweetest clam you will ever taste, bar none!! They are called razor because the edges of their shells are sharp as razors. I couldn't figure out how to get the picture on here from google, so this is them.

[url=http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q="razor+clam+picture"&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title]http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&am...=1&ct=title[/url]

So, this morning, Roy got me motivated....
[Image: CIMG2328-1.jpg]

and I started playing with half of them -
[Image: CIMG2330.jpg]

I breaded some with just saltines and some with saltines & ritz crackers. Had to have some fries to go with the 'clam scatter' and I made a couple of garnishes to go with - the best flavors were the wasabi mayo and wasabi oil (I know I've posted the recipes for both on here somewhere).

[Image: CIMG2332-1.jpg]
Yes, that is caviar on top there, just garnishing so nicely - my new book says caviar goes with clams, so this is research!!

What a wonderful brunch we had and what a wonderful thing for Sarah to do for us.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Such A Surprise Yesterday!!! by cjs (We made our rounds t...)
I repeat, I want to be Roy in my next life! Everything looks fabulous, Jean, except for that nasty white stuff in the first picture.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Such A Surprise Yesterday!!! by cjs (We made our rounds t...)
I love research, Roy does too!! We'll be at the ferry in a few hours--I'll call you when we get to the cafe!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Such A Surprise Yesterday!!! by Old Bay (I love research, Roy...)
WOW! What an awesome gift! BOY, those suckers are HUGE! We don't have anything like that around here! I like research, too!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Such A Surprise Yesterday!!! by Gourmet_Mom (WOW! What an awesom...)
Now that's a nice gift! Talk about a treat. Even though I've never lived in the white stuff..probabl won't even know how to walk in it I do love looking at it Derek says you have the ultimate wine cooler.

Now you need to make shaved ice treats....you already have all the work done for you.
  Re: Re: Such A Surprise Yesterday!!! by DFen911 (Now that's a nice gi...)
Made New England style clam chowder out of the other half for dinner last night. so tasty! At a local restaurant a while back I had their clam chowder and could not figure out what the herb was they had added. Kept thinking tarragon, but I'm not a big tarragon fan and this was really good - well, turned out it was tarragon. I normally put thyme in mine. I tried it with the tarragon last night and it was very good again! About the only thing I usually like that herb on/in is Salmon.

For those of you who make chowder, what herb(s) do you use?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com