Fug Tong Gang Buad Squash Cooked in Coconut Milk
  Re: (...)
Sharon found this recipe on Foodgawker and I finally made it today. It was very good, but I am a bit confused about the directions. After following the directions, the squash was floating in a soup. I wasn't sure if I was to serve with a slotted spoon, or what. I ended up draining off quite a bit of the liquid and roughly mashing the squash. Has anyone else made this yet?

Fug Tong Gang Buad Squash Cooked in Coconut Milk!

Serves 4

1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups pumpkin, or other yellow meat squash
1/3 cup palm sugar
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 cup water

Peel the squash, chop into 1/2 in. dice. Add all ingredients to 3 qt saucepan and heat over medium until steam rises rapidly. Do not allow to boil, the coconut milk will curdle. Turn heat down to medium low, stirring occasionally. When it starts to simmer turn to low heat. Remove from heat when squash is tender, about 20-25 minutes. Serve immediately or cover with lid. Tastes equally good warm, room temp, or cold.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Fug Tong Gang Buad Squash Cooked in Coconut Milk by chef_Tab (Sharon found this re...)
"Fug Tong Gang Buad", You'd better not Theresa, or I'll tell!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Fug Tong Gang Buad Squash Cooked in Coconut Milk by bjcotton ("Fug Tong Gang Buad"...)
Too late, ooops! Please don't rat me out Billy. It sure was fun though.
Theresa

Re: Re: Fug Tong Gang Buad Squash Cooked in Coconut Milk by chef_Tab (Too late, ooops! Ple...)
The name for this dish is a hoot.
  Re: Re: Fug Tong Gang Buad Squash Cooked in Coconut Mi by HomeCulinarian (The name for this di...)
Interesting...maybe it was to be a soup? Was the broth tasty or bland?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Fug Tong Gang Buad Squash Cooked in Coconut Mi by cjs (Interesting...maybe ...)
The broth was sweet. I hated to pour it all down the drain, so I left a bit and mashed up the squash. It was still very soupy. I just felt that I did something wrong, but I did follow the directions. I was hoping Sharon had made it and would have some words of wisdom.
Theresa

Re: Re: Fug Tong Gang Buad Squash Cooked in Coconut Mi by chef_Tab (The broth was sweet....)
I haven't made it yet - but I went back to FoodGawker and looked.

Does this help??? It seems to show some broth. It sure sounds good and I am planning on making this very soon. I have a butternut that I think will be perfect for this. [Image: DSCN9343+-+pumpkin+in+coconut+milk.jpg]
  Re: Re: Fug Tong Gang Buad Squash Cooked in Coconut Mi by Harborwitch (I haven't made it ye...)
This does help, though I wonder, are those sesame seeds sprinkled on top?
Theresa