polenta or pasta with bolognese?
  Re: (...)
I am planning to make the beef bolognese from the weeknight menus book. They suggest serving it on soft polenta. My initial reaction says go with pasta. Any opinions?
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: polenta or pasta with bolognese? by chef_Tab (I am planning to mak...)
POLENTA! POLENTA! POLENTA!

Did I say POLENTA????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: polenta or pasta with bolognese? by cjs (POLENTA! POLENTA! PO...)
DITTO! DITTO! DITTO!

Did I say DITTO????
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: polenta or pasta with bolognese? by firechef (DITTO! DITTO! DITTO!...)
LOL! I'll third that! Last night I foolishly asked William if he wanted mashers or polenta with the ribs. He just looked at me like I had asked a stupid question. We had polenta. And dang if I didn't double it and still not have enough. GEEZ!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: polenta or pasta with bolognese? by Gourmet_Mom (LOL! I'll third tha...)
Pasta!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: polenta or pasta with bolognese? by Gourmet_Mom (LOL! I'll third tha...)
How long do you cook Ditto?

I'm all about the Polenta. And if you make some extra and then tomorrow fry it crisp you have a nice snack
  Re: Re: polenta or pasta with bolognese? by DFen911 (How long do you cook...)
Leave it to Billy..."one of these kids is doing his own thing!"

Ditto cooks about as long as the last thing you cooked!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: polenta or pasta with bolognese? by firechef (Leave it to Billy......)
Polenta it is! Sorry, Billy, I have to go with the majority, plus frying up the extra the next day sounds even better! Thanks everyone.
Jean, did you hint that I should go with polenta? You should just say what you mean, no need to beat around the bush like that! haha.
Theresa

Re: Re: polenta or pasta with bolognese? by chef_Tab (Polenta it is! Sorry...)
Theresa - you'll be happy with your choice!
  Re: Re: polenta or pasta with bolognese? by HomeCulinarian (Theresa - you'll be ...)
I have Bobs Red Mill medium grind corn meal, will that work? Or should I buy something else?
Theresa