Well, O.K. A Reason For Everything!!!
  Re: (...)
I'll stop whining now. I've been so annoyed that we couldn't get out of town on the way to Phoenix on Monday because of the darn snow!

Well, now I find in the big scheme of things there is a reason we're still in town. We have a little rental that we've been wanting to get rid of, but how lucky would we be in this market? We got a call today, someone who knows someone who knows someone....they are interested in buying for the parents who want to come to Port Angeles to be closer to their children. Wow, right out of left field. So, now we are in negotiations with them. If we had gotten this call while we were on the road, Roy would have been having a fit to get home and get rid of the darn thing.

So...we're still here, and maybe it's a good thing....maybe, but all the sun we're missing.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Well, O.K. A Reason For Everything!!! by cjs (I'll stop whining no...)
The sun will come out tomorrow Jean...I am sure Phoenix isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Selling a house is a great thing. Trust me the market for a one bedroom little house here is not great and the chances of renting it are slim in a town of 175 about 25 miles from the closest "real" town...I'd be so grateful if we could find a buyer for our little house since our closing date for the new house just moved from January 8th to December 26th! Not looking forward to paying for two houses myself.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Well, O.K. A Reason For Everything!!! by firechef (The sun will come ou...)
Quote:

Not looking forward to paying for two houses myself.

OUCH!

Good luck Jean and LJ!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Well, O.K. A Reason For Everything!!! by Gourmet_Mom ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Don't worry Jean..this too shall pass Besides it's raining cats and dogs down south. Even AZ is getting rain and the storm that's here now is heading that way.

So get the business done and hopefully by that time the storms will have moved on thru!
  Re: Re: Well, O.K. A Reason For Everything!!! by DFen911 (Don't worry Jean..th...)
Yes Jean, take care of the house. It's snowing here again and it's supposed to turn to freezing rain.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Well, O.K. A Reason For Everything!!! by DFen911 (Don't worry Jean..th...)
Quote:

Don't worry Jean..this too shall pass Besides it's raining cats and dogs down south. Even AZ is getting rain and the storm that's here now is heading that way.

So get the business done and hopefully by that time the storms will have moved on thru!

"This too shall pass"--Did you read Og Mandino?
Jean, in this market the delay leaving was a gift from God!! Good luck!!
I thought you lived in the dry hole!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
It's supposed to be freezing tonight here in Tucson. Snow on our foothills. Probably a good thing you've been delayed. It better warm up by next week as I have 25 people for 3 days Christmas weekend. Would love to be able to use the backyard.
Shannon
  Re: Re: Well, O.K. A Reason For Everything!!! by Dismc (It's supposed to be ...)
WOW, it was a world conspiracy after all!

(It's dry snow, Bill)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Well, O.K. A Reason For Everything!!! by Dismc (It's supposed to be ...)
[blockquote]Quote:

It's supposed to be freezing tonight here in Tucson. Snow on our foothills. Probably a good thing you've been delayed. It better warm up by next week as I have 25 people for 3 days Christmas weekend. Would love to be able to use the backyard. [/quote

You don't really need to hear this but it'll be 80 all week down here in Naples. Why people "winter" in Arizona is beyond me.... You can borrow my back yard if you like.

Buzz
  Re: Re: Well, O.K. A Reason For Everything!!! by buzzard767 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
How tempting, Buzz!
www.achefsjourney.com