gotta love BBC America
  Re: (...)
Man oh man do I love having BBC America. I not only like the news and the Friday night of British comedies but they run Chef Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares (both European and American versions) followed by Chef Ramsay's F Word every afternoon!!! Holy cow it is like two hours of pure culinary bliss for me.

*Keep in mind I have a framed 8x10 glossy autographed photo of the Chef on my desk at work.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: gotta love BBC America by firechef (Man oh man do I love...)
He's a pistol thats for sure but he sets them straight
  Re: Re: gotta love BBC America by lov2cook (He's a pistol thats ...)
I enjoy him more on the British versions than the American versions. He seems to play up the crass harshness on the US versions a bit too much. I know that is what the US audience supposedly likes but I am not a big fan of it. Now if they would air the British version of Hell's Kitchen with Chef Marco Pierre White or even the repeats with Chef Ramsay I would be thrilled!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: gotta love BBC America by firechef (I enjoy him more on ...)
I absolutely love him. Bob and I are going to have to fight over his cookbook if we ever manage to get a copy. I love his shows on BBC America and you're right; they don't portray him as a crass, nasty, egomaniac.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: gotta love BBC America by Harborwitch (I absolutely love hi...)
Sharon which book are you looking for?