There is hope still!
  Re: (...)
With the risk of bodily harm possible I am sharing this story with all of you here. My better half is NOT a cook...she has trouble frying water. Well, once we were at a Des Moines Red Lobster and I commented on how small the live lobsters were compared to the lobsters I am used to in New England and Southeastern Canada. She quickly pointed out that the lobsters were small because they were Iowa lobsters. Not everyday that you hear of lobster fishing taking place in a land-locked state. She is anything BUT a foodie. She does not like buying meat in the store as she is afraid of buying the wrong thing. She will not eat meat with bones in it or chicken with skin or bones. It limits the options for dinner I know that.

Well the other night I was cooking with a store brand olive oil as it was all I could get and I was out at home. I was doing a pasta with an olive oil based sauce and she told me she didn't care for it even though it was a favourite recipe of hers. She told me the olive oil was not as good as the fancier brand I normally use!!! She could tell the difference in the OLIVE OIL QUALITY!!!

THERE IS HOPE FOR HER YET!!!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: There is hope still! by firechef (With the risk of bod...)
You should be very happy that Holly's developing a palate.

But, beware... Can Holly read your posts???
  Re: Re: There is hope still! by HomeCulinarian (You should be very h...)
Like I said I posted this under the risk of physical harm...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: There is hope still! by firechef (With the risk of bod...)
Quote:

Not everyday that you hear of lobster fishing taking place in a land-locked state.

Heheh. My dad always used to check if people were paying attention by slipping into the conversation something about trolling for lobsters to see if they would catch on.

My variation of this is to be looking through a calendar then saying, "Hmmm. Thanksgiving is on a Thursday this year."
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: There is hope still! by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
LOL! Labs....not even a word...DUH!

LJ, Yippppeeee!

Holly (if you're watching), I'm sorry, but good for you! Now go out and buy that meat! If he's as good as he says he is, he can make a gourmet meal out of anything you pick out! YOU GO GIRL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: There is hope still! by Gourmet_Mom (LOL! Labs....not ev...)
I'm with Daphne on this one - Holly give that boy and iron chef challenge

But beware...you just may find you like a lot of other things you didn't think you did

Labs - LOL! I used do that with Thanksgiving too