What's for dinner 12/20?
  Re: (...)
I think I'm going to do Jambalaya. I have some sausage, an extra bell pepper. Gonna go see if they have any crawfish. Just sounded so left field for this time year
  Re: What's for dinner 12/20? by DFen911 (I think I'm going to...)
Well, I have been busy with other things today, so we're just having hot dogs with homemade chili and fries.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner 12/20? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, I have been bu...)
We have a Holiday Party to go to, so I'm not cooking tonight. Teenage daughter is planning on baking some Christmas cookies tonight while we're out. I'll have to warn her not to leave the kitchen a disaster area when she's finished!
  Re: Re: What's for dinner 12/20? by HomeCulinarian (We have a Holiday Pa...)
Oh but how nice to come home to the smell of fresh cookies...YUM!
  Re: Re: What's for dinner 12/20? by DFen911 (Oh but how nice to c...)
We had Black Diamond Steak (grilled! ) and leftover Mushroom Risotto. It was wonderful!

Jambalaya - oh my, sounds so good. So does a hot dog and chili.(I'm anxious for the next dinner for some chili)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner 12/20? by cjs (We had Black Diamond...)
We had surprise company yesterday - a good friend that we hadn't seen in over 2 years. He brought a "lady friend" and the four of us had a great time. The guys went to the store and got big ol' country ribs and stuff for a salad. I did a pretty standard rib rub on them and cooked them in the oven in "Simply Apple" juice and Bob finished them on the grill. We had butternut squash, steamed carrots and a big salad with pomegranite seeds, pistachios, and dried cranberries. Bob opened a wonderful bottle of Brazin Zinfandel from Delicato. Wonderful night!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for dinner 12/20? by Harborwitch (We had surprise comp...)
Sharon I love those kind of dinners!