How did you get here?
  Re: (...)
Have we done this? If so, please direct me. This seemed too difficult to search. I thought it'd be fun! I guess I'm feeling a little nostalgic.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: How did you get here? by Gourmet_Mom (Have we done this? ...)
I followed the shooters....when they ended I was here. Of course by that time I was addicted and needed more. Only the creator was gone....so I made my own and here I stayed.
  Re: Re: How did you get here? by DFen911 (I followed the shoot...)
*HIC* Path me un of thos, woulja pleth!
Daphne
  Re: Re: How did you get here? by Gourmet_Mom (*HIC* Path me un of...)
Via the Internet.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: How did you get here? by labradors (Via the Internet....)
I sent Jean and email and told her I didn't like "that other forum" anymore because too many people were rude to one another. She very kindly invited me to join here. Sure glad she did.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: How did you get here? by labradors (Via the Internet....)
Well, yea! LOL! Did you know someone, were you searching a recipe....Come on you guys! What recipe brought you here. Who brought you here. I'm especially interested in the "originals"...like Roxanne, Cis, and the rest. I guess what I'm really asking, what brought you to a cooking forum to begin with. And then this one.

Okay, I'll start. You asked for it...here's the extended version.

Several years ago, I became interested in cooking healthy foods for my family. My husband had recently undergone brain surgery to have a tumor extracted. During his subsequent radiation treatment, he had an extended stay near the hospital. He was distressed at what the meds had done to his body. (Think Tim Allen in Santa Clause...I swear...got pics to prove it.)

Through the hospital, he discovered a great treatment center he could join. It was a wellness center with a food bar and fitness center with trainers and food consultants. He got into it so much, I purchased equipment at home and started scouring the net for healthy recipes and creating meal plans for his return home.

In one of my searches for a recipe, I found a site that might provide a recipe, but I had to join to get help from one of the chefs/members. I joined and got sucked in immediately. My cooking and mind set immediately began to change.

Unfortunately, the forum made changes that left me dissatisfied, so I searched for another site to satisfy my desire to hone my cooking skills. I was surprised and pleased to find some of the same people on another site...so I joined.

While chatting one day, a chef from the first site sent me a private message. She was a chef I had participated in chats with occasionally on the first site. I respected her advice and was honored to get a private message from her. She was inviting me to join Cuisine at Home. I will forever be in her debt. Not only did I find a great group of foodies (make that friends) to chat with, but an incredible cooking magazine I treasure as much as the people I have met here.

Thanks Jean!
  Re: Re: How did you get here? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, yea! LOL! Di...)
Hi

I believe the magazine lead me here - I had check out several forum

and didn't care for the other forums, so here I landed and Have been

happy with the forum and every one Lots of interesting items and lots of

nice people.

Thanks everyone

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: How did you get here? by mjkcooking (Hi [br][br]I believe...)
It was a combination of events for me. My friend was always talking about trying new recipes from a magazine she received, "C@H", but I thought the name sounded too much like another recipe magazine for which I have no respect. I wrongly assumed they were similar. Last Christmas she gifted me with a subscription to C@H and from the first issue, I was an addict, but still did not know about the forum. Then she invited us to dinner and made "Jambalaya on the grill" from an issue I did not have. I desparately needed this recipe and she was out of town so I checked the website and found the forum. Everyone gave me such a warm welcome, I stayed. Sadly, it was the same timing of the loss of my dear 20 year old neice, Tabitha, who was in culinary school, so I chose my avatar and screen name to honor her.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: How did you get here? by chef_Tab (It was a combination...)
I remember that, Theresa - how is her family (and of course you) doing now?

I didn't know that about our Dad, Daphne, did I? how is he doing now?

How did I get here? When I got so tired of politics of my favorite forum, I started looking. Tried DiscussCooking.com, Cooking.com and a few others, but when I tried C@H, it just fit from day one. Everyone was so helpful and friendly and no prima donas around here. No matter what level our cooking skills are, we ALL are still learning. I love it here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: How did you get here? by cjs (I remember that, The...)
Not Dad, Jean....Husband. He is doing well. He still has a tumor, but it is small and is not growing. They are/were meningiomas (sp?), which are benign tumors. (Just like Brenda on the other forum.) Although, we didn't know that at first. It was a scary time, but no longer. We had/have a world renowned neurologist on our team.
Daphne