Oh No the Weather out side is - just terrible
  Re: (...)

We may be not going to our kids for Christmas celebrations - looks like

ANOTHER storm maybe coming on the 24th - Guess I better get prepared for a

small Christmas dinner here - and move the Seattle Christmas to next week.

What a mess - This will be the 2nd White Christmas we have had in the

Thirty years we have been here.

Our best wishes for everyone safety and a wonderful Christmas to all.

Marye and Terry
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Oh No the Weather out side is - just terrible by mjkcooking ([br]We may be not go...)
Don't feel bad...the weather here is miserable as well! Between the nearly 20 inches of snow in the past week and the winds of nearly 50 mph and wind chills nearly -50F it has been awful. Last night a little system blew through with nearly 3 inches in a couple of hours time and another couple of inches of scattered flurries are expected today. I guess the storm you are getting on Christmas Eve is the snow and ice storm we are expecting on Christmas afternoon through Friday night that is supposed to bring us nearly another foot of snow and about an inch of freezing rain sometime before or after the snow.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Oh No the Weather out side is - just terrible by firechef (Don't feel bad...the...)
We're in the same boat, Marye - still here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Oh No the Weather out side is - just terrible by cjs (We're in the same bo...)
Quote:

Oh No the Weather out side is - just terrible

Was that from an earlier draft of the song, before they decided "frightful" would be better?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Oh No the Weather out side is - just terrible by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
That's funny Labs! That same song ran through my head too!

Marye, I hate you will be missing Christmas with the kids, but I sure wish we had just a little of the white stuff here. It's supposed to be in the lower 70's Christmas Day. Not very holiday-ish. I guess I should be counting my blessings though. Stay safe everyone!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Oh No the Weather out side is - just terrible by Gourmet_Mom (That's funny Labs! ...)

Yes Labs, that tune came to my mind this early morning. - Still expecting

snow here - lots more than we have had for a long time.

Lj - I know you are really having a bad Winter - and just think its just

begun. I have my Mom to worry about back there.

Hope you are on the mend from your accident -

Daphne - 70 degrees oh what I would give for 40 to 50 degree weather !!!
hopefully soon -

marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Oh No the Weather out side is - just terrible by mjkcooking ([br]Yes Labs, that t...)
Marye, it's 74 here, right now (almost 10PM, local time). Tonight's low is supposed to be 70, and tomorrow's high, 80.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Oh No the Weather out side is - just terrible by labradors (Marye, it's 74 here,...)
Oh, Marye, I totally forgot your mother. I hope she is staying safe and in the house. Does she have help? I hope so, and I hope her pantry, fridge, and freezer are stocked. She has no business getting out in that mess! Just look what happened to LJ! Didn't you take a trip East to help her after a fall or other health issue a while back? It must be so hard to be that far away.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Oh No the Weather out side is - just terrible by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Marye, I totally...)
We are above freezing temperatures for the first time in over a month!!! Going to be nearly 50F today and boy is it foggy from the melting snow! Going to dip below freezing at night to make driving rough but we have a couple of days in the mid-30sF coming up and the rest of the next couple of weeks looks like mid-to-upper 20sF! Right after the first of the year is the next time we are expecting snow again! After daily doses of 1 to 10 inches for a couple of weeks and off and on days of wind chills well below -30F this is like a tropical heat wave! Might even dare to go out and fire up the grill since the winds are light today!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Oh No the Weather out side is - just terrible by firechef (We are above freezin...)

Mom Stayed in and the family brought her some meals, she was really in
fine shape for the day and her caretakers are with her today.

We had a great Christmas - we went to Seattle and had an international Dinner
Schnitzel and Spatzle with cheese. and a Cuke Salad. and the Danish Raccelete.
on Christmas Eve and Prime Rib on Christmas Day got to see all the family and
had a great time.

Roads were dicey getting home - but are melting now.

marye