Pre-Holiday meals???
  Re: (...)
In mere hours all of the hustle and bustle will be done and Christmas will have come and gone for yet another year...I see that most have plans for Christmas and even Christmas Eve but what about tonight? That last night before it all goes by too fast and you wonder why it had to end so quick...

We are doing tacos tonight. Got the meat thawing and Holly grabbed some tortillas and we have some lettuce and cheese at home so tacos it is. We are going to watch the movie Wall-E tonight and then going to town together in the morning so I can finish Christmas shopping!

What is everyone else doing tonight?
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Pre-Holiday meals??? by firechef (In mere hours all of...)
We're having spaghetti. The KA is getting a work out today making cookie and bread dough, so I may use store bought pasta...we'll see. I honestly don't want to go to the store.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Pre-Holiday meals??? by Gourmet_Mom (We're having spaghet...)
The stores up in Fort Dodge were a mad house yesterday and last night. I am wondering what they will be like on Christmas Eve Day while I finish my Christmas shopping...okay so I am starting and finishing it all at once!!!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Pre-Holiday meals??? by firechef (The stores up in For...)
Boerwors, corn on the cob and a salad. Something fairly easy but always a fun meal.

Tomorrow is our big turkey day.

The shops are a nightmare here...nobody buying though.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Pre-Holiday meals??? by Gourmet_Mom (We're having spaghet...)
Something with chicken - perhaps Moroccan? I just don't know yet. Our good friend Ernie is coming over for dinner and to talk out the final details on his purchase of our sailboat. I'd like it to be special. Hmmmmmmm. Still in the planning stages.

Don't feel too bad LJ! Bob and I'll have to go do our shopping tomorrow - hopefully he won't have too many service calls. We've done nothing!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Pre-Holiday meals??? by Harborwitch (Something with chick...)
"Boerwors," and what would that be, Rox?

We're finally having the flank steak wraps we were supposed to have night before last - time got away from me - hell the whole year got away from me.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pre-Holiday meals??? by cjs ("Boerwors," and what...)
Sort of like one VERY LONG sausage with South African spices. Served as per hot dog style with the same condiments....Peter loves them but I make myself a hot dog...just not my "taste"
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Pre-Holiday meals??? by cjs ("Boerwors," and what...)
I'm making mostaccioli with meatballs and Italian Sausages. This is a chance to use some of the roasted tomato marinara we have tons of in the freezer. A tossed salad and cookies for dessert.
  Re: Re: Pre-Holiday meals??? by HomeCulinarian (I'm making mostaccio...)
We having Serviche from Issue 46, with homemade ciabatta and lots of stuff to drink (hic) Bingle Birthday Jells
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Pre-Holiday meals??? by farnfam (We having Serviche f...)
We also had tacos - soft chicken tacos and pinto beans. I thinned out some sour cream with lime juice and added chipotle chili powder and a dash of salt to top them with - very good.

You will love Wall-E! Seriously. There's not a lot of conversation going on but it's not needed. Just the looks on his and Eva's faces are so telling. Loved it.