Supper tomorrow
  Re: (...)
I finally got the turkey in the oven at 3:15 PM today. I wasn't in the least prepared to make anything for Xmas dinner. No sage, no stale bread or stuffing mix, no cranberry sauce, the turkey was ALMOST defrosted this morning, so had to wait for it, no celery, no onions, no peppers, I did have salt and pepper, no potatoes, no eggs. I had to go shopping and every store in town was just packed. Parking was almost nonexistent, and on top of everything Paul's load (long-haul truck driver) to Portland was cancelled so he's home early. Had to go to the Chiropractor, was just sitting in my chair and my back muscles clenched and pulled my hip out. BUT, it's still a wonderful day even if it's overcast and rainy. Don't have much of anything to whine about. That sucks, but I'll figure something out
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Supper tomorrow by bjcotton (I finally got the tu...)
Oh, Billy, dear Billy, you've certainly had your trials and tribulations this year. It sucks to fight the holiday traffic and then have to go visit the chiropractor while trying to do everything else-I for one would be whining!

I hope you feel better

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Supper tomorrow by pjcooks (Oh, Billy, dear Bill...)
Well Billy...you've had a time, but remember, the new year is right around the corner and we've named it the year of the healthy Billy!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Supper tomorrow by Gourmet_Mom (Well Billy...you've ...)
Well, we finally decided on Cantonese Duck and garlic noodles for dinner today. Duck is thawed, ready to be
brushed and air dried...then into the smoker for a while - only way I can think of to let it hang while cooking.

Roy said the same thing about the stores - parking lots full. Hope you back feels better today, Billy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Supper tomorrow by cjs (Well, we finally dec...)
Since we are "stuck" at home with a little one under the weather and expecting sleet and freezing rain this afternoon...we are doing my Greek Pasta and snacking this afternoon on sweet corn salsa, cheese and chips. Did waffles for breakfast this morning.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Supper tomorrow by firechef (Since we are "stuck"...)
Well, we've had twice baked potatoes, Brown Derby Salad (without the chicken), and a beef tenderloin! YUM!!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Supper tomorrow by Gourmet_Mom (Well, we've had twic...)
We ended up having chips, sweet corn salsa, ground beef (taco style) and a cheese sauce for dinner tonight as Holly slept most of the day and Kambree was under the weather leaving me little to no time to cook...since I do not go back to work until Saturday sometime I guess the Greek Pasta is going to be made on Boxing Day.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)