Tuesday's Dinner - 12/30
  Re: (...)
Decided to try another one of my experimental creations. Worked out VERY well, and I shall certainly do this again.

Cream of Four Lilies Soup

Ingredients:
  • 4 Tbsp Butter
  • 1 Large Yellow onion, chopped
  • 6 leeks, white and light-green parts only, split, rinsed, and chopped
  • 8 Green onions, white and green parts, chopped
  • 6 Cloves Garlic, minced
  • 2 tsp Thyme
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • 4 C Chicken stock
  • 2 C Heavy cream
Instructions:
  1. In a dutch oven, melt the butter.
  2. Add the onions, leeks, green onions, garlic and seasonings, and cook over medium heat until soft. To take advantage of the relative cooking times, I started heating the onions as I prepped the leeks, then added the leeks and prepped the green onions, then added the green onions and minced the garlic, then added the garlic.
  3. Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  4. Purée the mixture in batches until smooth, then return to the pot and to the stove.
  5. Add the heavy cream and heat through.
  6. Adjust the seasonings, if necessary.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner - 12/30 by labradors (Decided to try anoth...)
' Cream of Four Lilies Soup "

Sounds good, Labs. I bought him a book called Lillies Of The Kitchen, I'll have to dig it out. I chose something really easy. I was craving pasta, and there was some buccatini staring at me. So I thawed some boneless skinle4ss chicken breasts. Not my favourite, but it's all we had, as we haven't gone grocery shopping. Sliced them, browned them, added a time of RoTel tomatoes with green chillies and another of Italian seasoned ones. Some fresh parmegiano and toasted baguettes. Simple, easy, real comfort food to me.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner - 12/30 by Lorraine (' Cream of Four Lili...)
Well, I tried some chicken breasts stuffed with tapenade from the Jacques book with his Butternut Squash Saute, and some roasted potatoes. YUM! I would add more black olives to the tapenade next time, though. I used large greens and Kalamato this time. But the mushroom sauce to go with it was AWESOME! Repeat!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner - 12/30 by Gourmet_Mom (Well, I tried some c...)
That sounds delicious, Labs!!

We had a pkg. of Baked Moscacioli in the freezer, so had that, frozen 18 hour bread & a green salad. Our next stop we'll be staying a couple of days, so will be able to do some 'cooking' I hope...like grilling.

In fact, if the weather is what it's supposed to be in Paso Robles, I think we will have grilled hamburgers for New Year's Eve!!!! Grilled in the sunshine, drinking champagne.

Daphne, gotta get that book - will keep an eye out along the way.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com