Warm Piquillo & Crab Dip
  Re: (...)
Had this dip yesterday and it's really tasty. Enough to have this a.m. in an omelet and also toss with some pasta tonight. It's a Food & Wine recipe - I couldn't find Piquillo peppers so used Ortegas. This would sure be good stuffed in Poblanos, I bet - but this time I just layered.

Warm Piquillo and Crab Dip - having New Years

1 pound lump crab -- picked over
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup crème fraîche
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons snipped chives
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 pound Manchego cheese -- shredded (1 cup)
One 9-ounce jar piquillo peppers -- drained and cut into strips

Preheat the broiler. In a bowl, combine the crab, mayonnaise, crème fraîche, parsley, chives, mustard, lemon juice and 3/4 cup of the Manchego. Spread in an 8-by-11-inch baking dish. Top with the piquillos and sprinkle with the remaining Manchego. Broil for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the dip is heated through. Serve hot.

Serve With Crusty bread or crostini.

Description:
"Recipe by Jose Garces Chef Way For this classic tapa, Jose Garces stuffs his delicious crab salad into individual piquillo peppers and roasts them until hot. Easy Way Instead of laboriously stuffing piquillo peppers, spread the crab mixture in a baking dish and top with the peppers and more cheese."
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Warm Piquillo & Crab Dip by cjs (Had this dip yesterd...)
Sounds good Jean. Copied and saved.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Warm Piquillo & Crab Dip by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds good Jean. C...)
Finally found my thing to be able to get my pictures -

[Image: CIMG2357.jpg]

and here's New Year's dinner - boy, it was tasty!
[Image: CIMG2361.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Warm Piquillo & Crab Dip by cjs (Finally found my thi...)
Crab is not available here---at least the lump....do you think this would work with shrimp? I see all of this working but I would have to use really small pimento peppers....or would small jalapeno peppers be better?
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Warm Piquillo & Crab Dip by Roxanne 21 (Crab is not availabl...)
Oh Jean, my mouth watered just reading the ingredients, then I saw the photos! Copied and saved. Ooooh, I have a use for this recipe next weekend! YAY!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Warm Piquillo & Crab Dip by foodfiend (Oh Jean, my mouth wa...)
Oh my but this sounds scrumptious!!
  Re: Re: Warm Piquillo & Crab Dip by DFen911 (Oh my but this sound...)
It really is good and it was wonderful as a filling for our breakfast omelet yesterday! Rox, I think this is one of those recipes that subbing ingredients would be never ending.

It might even be good with some smoked salmon or trout.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Warm Piquillo & Crab Dip by cjs (Finally found my thi...)
Quote:

Finally found my thing to be able to get my pictures

Would you please, then, fix the photos for Frenching in the "Recipe search" thread? I'd love to see them, but they still only show that "image has been moved or deleted" nonsense.

Thanks!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Warm Piquillo & Crab Dip by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I'll give it a try, Labs - I remember I didn't use photobucket, I copied/pasted straight from the archive forum. I'll put them in photobucket and go that way...if I can.

By the by, we were sure able to use up all the crab dip - dip one night, in omelets the next morning and last night I added a little cayenne (wow, made it even better) and had open face crab sandwiches. Very versatile.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Warm Piquillo & Crab Dip by cjs (I'll give it a try, ...)
Quote:

I'll give it a try, Labs - I remember I didn't use photobucket, I copied/pasted straight from the archive forum. I'll put them in photobucket and go that way...if I can.

Cool! Actually, you DID use PhotoBucket, though (e.g. "http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/cjdacook/R029_023_R01_add11.jpg"), but maybe it was just the way you had put the images into PhotoBucket from the archive forum. Dunno. Looking forward to the pics. Thanks!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?