Stovetop Apple Crisp in the Weeknight Menus Vol I
  Re: (...)
If someone could type up this recipe I would really appreciate it. Sage did offer. Thanks.
  Re: Stovetop Apple Crisp in the Weeknight Menus Vol I by Alix01 (If someone could typ...)
Stovetop Apple Crisp

Total time: 20 minutes

FOR THE TOPPING—MELT; STIR IN:
3 T. unsalted butter
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
1/3 cup rolled oats (not instant)
1/4 cup brown sugar
Pinch of salt

FOR THE APPLES—SAUTE IN 2 T. UNSALTED BUTTER; STIR IN:
2 crisp, tart apples, sliced (4 cups)
1/4 cup golden raisins
2 T. sugar
1 T. fresh lemon juice
1/2 t. ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt

Melt 3 T. butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat for the topping. Stir in nuts, oats, brown sugar, and salt, and cook until mixture begins to brown, 5-6 minutes. Transfer to a parchment-lined plate. Wipe out skillet and return it to the burner.

Saute apples and raisins in 2 T. butter over medium heat to soften, 5 minutes. Stir in sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt; simmer 2 minutes. Serve apples with crunchy topping and a dollop of sweet cream.

Sweet Cream

Makes 1 cup

Total time: 5 minutes

BEAT; STIR IN:
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 T. sugar
1/4 t. vanilla extract

Beat sour cream and heavy cream in a bowl to soft peaks with a hand mixer. Stir in sugar and vanilla.
  Re: Re: Stovetop Apple Crisp in the Weeknight Menus Vol I by Sage (Stovetop Apple Crisp...)
Sounds good! Where are you in Texas (appx)?
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Stovetop Apple Crisp in the Weeknight Menus Vol I by Old Bay (Sounds good! Where a...)
Wisconsin. But my daughter is cooking in Connecticut.
  Re: Re: Stovetop Apple Crisp in the Weeknight Menus Vol I by Old Bay (Sounds good! Where a...)
Quote:

Sounds good! Where are you in Texas (appx)?

I'm in North Texas.
  Re: Stovetop Apple Crisp in the Weeknight Menus Vol I by Alix01 (If someone could typ...)
Still needing this recipe urgently for my daughter whose cookbook was taken right out of the shopping cart at the supermarket while she was shopping for the ingredients.
Please help.
  Re: Re: Stovetop Apple Crisp in the Weeknight Menus Vol I by Alix01 (Still needing this r...)
Look up... Sage posted it for you in this thread yesterday.
Duh!! I don't know why I didn't see it. Thank you and a big thanks to Sage.

Alix
  Re: Re: Stovetop Apple Crisp in the Weeknight Menus Vol I by Alix01 (Duh!! I don't know w...)
You're welcome. I hope you'll come back and give us her review.