Dinner tonight???
  Re: (...)
Since I am here I might as well dig around and see what everyone is eating tonight. I am doing a bacon wrapped bbq pork loin with a bunch of pasta with a garlic cream sauce. What do the rest of you think???
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Dinner tonight??? by firechef (Since I am here I mi...)
We're in the midst of a snow storm and I decided to make Moussaka. It's one of the few dishes I know that takes almost as long to clean up and it does to make.

I have a question for you. What is the one dish you prepare that makes the worst clean up?

Sally
  Re: Sounds yummy by lxxf (We're in the midst o...)
Depends on whether I clean as I go The messiest is Chicken with Green Chiles Enchiladas.

LJ, I'm having baked/breaded chicken tenders, orzo w/parmesan, coleslaw and leftover Deviled Egg potato salad.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Sounds yummy by bjcotton (Depends on whether I...)
Regarding messiest meals, I'm too busy looking for the meal that makes the least mess...LOL!

Dinner...I'm pooped! I put some ribs in the fridge for a couple hours with a honey teriyaki (sp?) marinade...then slow roasted them for a couple hours. Served that with fried rice.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sounds yummy by Gourmet_Mom (Regarding messiest m...)
My messiest meal, hands down, is pastitsio! Did I spell that correctly???

We, also, are in the midst of a snowstorm so I made almond-crusted baked chicken breasts, noodles with parsley and butter, peas & carrots-- comfort food to warm us!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Sounds yummy by foodfiend (My messiest meal, ha...)
Chinese take out--hot & sour soup (only way I eat tofu), special fried rice, sechjuan beef, jalapeno chicken--just right--Jane cleaned house all day. Night off.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Sounds yummy by foodfiend (My messiest meal, ha...)
Yep, Vicci,

Those Greeks know how to make a mess, huh? I laugh every time I think of my friend's Irish aunt who married a gentlemen of Greek descent. She'd say "look at him now-when I married him he looked like a Greek God, now he looks like a GD Greek!"

Sally
  Re: Re: Sounds yummy by lxxf (Yep, Vicci,[br][br]T...)
We had pan-fried Basa, (I think that was how it was spelled) Asian coleslaw and french fries. First time I've had Basa, and it's very good.

Vicci, what's your method/recipe for doing almond crusted chicken? It sounds so good.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sounds yummy by lxxf (Yep, Vicci,[br][br]T...)
Quote:

Yep, Vicci,

Those Greeks know how to make a mess, huh? I laugh every time I think of my friend's Irish aunt who married a gentlemen of Greek descent. She'd say "look at him now-when I married him he looked like a Greek God, now he looks like a GD Greek!
Sally

!!!!

Maryann,
I mix whole wheat breadcrumbs, finely chopped almonds, grated Parm., dried thyme and parsley, paprika, black pepper, and garlic powder. Rub skinless chicken breasts with olive oil, then dip/ press in crumbs. Spray with cooking spray, bake at 400F for about 25 minutes. Next time, I'm going to try half panko crumbs... this recipe is never made the same way twice! But it's a good, basic idea to expand on...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Sounds yummy by foodfiend ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
My Greek pasta dish I make is the messiest...funny it is a recipe from my Greek Grand-mother!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)