This sounds good and not too hard...
  Re: (...)
Was just looking around this "wonderful" world of food we have before us from so many media forms and found this recipe. It doesn't look to bad and the ingredient list isn't too far out into left field either! It is from www.theworldwidegourmet.com...

Honey-Lacquered Roast Rack of Piglet with Pineapple-Raisin Chutney and Kaffir Red Curry Rice

Éric Gonzalez
Flavors of Quebec

Chef's Note
To savor all the riches the piglet offers, be sure to leave on the surrounding rind and roast it until really crispy in order to enjoy the contrast of soft and crunchy textures.

Piglet is generally a farm-raised animal. It is pinker and more flavorful and holds together better than pork when cooked. What a delight to bite into! Its milky meat is incomparable. Piglet is usually sold as racks or sides, though it’s not always easy to find.

Ingredients for 4 servings
- 2 racks of piglet or Pork ribs, 250 g (1/2 lb.) each
- 25 g (1 oz.) clarified butter
- 50 g (2 oz.) butter
- 15 g (1/2 oz.) acacia honey
- Coarsely ground pepper
Chutney
- 500 ml (2 cups) white vinegar
- 250 g (8 oz.) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. mustard seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 2 juniper berries
- 1 chili pepper (cayenne)
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 golden Pineapple, cut into 5 mm (1/4”) dice
- 25 g (1 oz.) golden raisins
- 2 large shallots
Basmati Rice
- 125 g (4 oz.) Basmati Rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 25 g (1 oz.) butter
- 190 g (6 1/2 oz.) light chicken stock
- 5 g (1 tsp.) red curry paste
- 3 Kaffir lime leaves (or substitute grated lime zest)
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 40 g (1 1/2 oz.) crushed toasted almonds

Method
1. Place the vinegar and brown sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add all the other chutney ingredients with the crushed spices tied in a piece of cheesecloth. Cook gently for about 2 hours, then remove from the heat and let cool. The chutney will be reheated just before serving. As our grandmothers said: a dish is always better the next day!
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan; when it foams, add the onions and cook gently until translucent but not browned.
3. Add the rice and sauté for 1 minute until pearly; add the hot stock and chopped kaffir lime leaves and cook covered in a 185° C (375° F) oven for 25-30 minutes.
4. Once cooked, fluff the rice; combine the curry paste with 1 tbsp. olive oil and blend into the rice. Just before serving, add the almonds and onion.

Roasting
1. In a skillet, brown the rack on all sides and then transfer to a 180° C (350° F) oven. Since piglet is tender meat, once it has been browned, 7 minutes roasting time should be enough. Check with a thermometer: the internal temperature should be 72° C (145° F).
2. Let rest 5 minutes, then glaze with honey and sprinkle with coarsely ground pepper just before serving.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: This sounds good and not too hard... by firechef (Was just looking aro...)
Really can not beat suckling pig!
Chef de Cuisine
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
  Re: This sounds good and not too hard... by firechef (Was just looking aro...)
Whoooooeeeee that sounds good. I'd have to change out the honey - acacia trees and I don't get along at all.

We know a place where we can get the little piggy out here so this is truly doable. Oh, that rice is going on the menu very very soon! Yum! Nothing I love more than red curry.

Thank you for sharing!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: This sounds good and not too hard... by Harborwitch (Whoooooeeeee that so...)
Just got in trouble with the better half for posting a recipe that mentions "piglet" in it...seems she thinks that I am referring to that cute little guy that hangs out with a bear we all know...might have to post a bear meat recipe to get her really wound up!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: This sounds good and not too hard... by firechef (Just got in trouble ...)
Please don't....my paternal grandmother...the one that wasn't the greatest cook...cooked a bear roast for William when we first got married. He has never forgotten it and thought it was the coolest thing. It was the greasiest thing I have ever seen! I'd rather not "go there" again, if you please.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: This sounds good and not too hard... by Gourmet_Mom (Please don't....my p...)
Okay...what about a "Huffalump" recipe?
  Re: Re: This sounds good and not too hard... by firechef (Okay...what about a ...)
EEEEWWWW!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.