Dinner Sunday, Jan 11th?
  Re: (...)
We have three choices -
- grilled potabellos filled with Pepper Jack
- Pulled Pork - already cooked in crockpot yesterday, needs to be mixed with some BBQ sauce and onions and cook some more.
- pkg. of lamb with veggies, gravy and garlic mashed potatoes.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. But, whatever is eaten first, we picked up some corn at a farmer's market yesterday to grill.

What are you all up to?

Oh, today is Sunday - the day of Champagne and brunch! A mushroom & onion pizza and I think we have a bottle of bubbly.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Sunday, Jan 11th? by cjs (We have three choice...)
Fried chicken with corn fritters.

Defrosted the frozen shucked corn and it is a little more mushy than I would like it, but it'll have to do.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Dinner Sunday, Jan 11th? by BarbaraS (Fried chicken with c...)
Leftovers here. Either chicken with pasta, or chicken stew.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Dinner Sunday, Jan 11th? by Lorraine (Leftovers here. Eit...)
I am going to make the split pea soup for two in newest magazine. I wanted something easy and healthy because we are watching football all day. Go Eagles!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Dinner Sunday, Jan 11th? by chef_Tab (I am going to make t...)
Quote:

Go Eagles!

What you said!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Dinner Sunday, Jan 11th? by BarbaraS ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm making the Chicken and Noodle Dumpling recipe...cool and damp here, so comfort food is in order. Gonna get colder later this week.....BBBBBRRRRRRRR!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner Sunday, Jan 11th? by Gourmet_Mom (As I mentioned elsew...)
I think I'm going to try the Sweet and Sour Scallops recipe from one of the Weeknight books, only with chicken. We just got back from a whirlwind Disneyland weekend with my sister's family and I'm so tired I can't even be bothered to go to the store so I need to make something "from the pantry" with no special ingredients.

Has anyone made this particular sweet and sour sauce? If so, how did it turn out?
  Re: Re: Dinner Sunday, Jan 11th? by Trixxee (I think I'm going to...)
Spareribs---pork baby backs.....Jean's recipe for cooking but I did a tomato sweet and sour sauce. YUMMY!!! Also noodles and broccoli saute.

Trixxee---I probably passed this one over until I can get my hands on some scallops----LOVE SCALLOPS!!! They are very few and far between here and when available OVER THE TOP EXPENSIVE but worth it---- now I'm salivating
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Dinner Sunday, Jan 11th? by Roxanne 21 (Spareribs---pork bab...)
I would LOVE the scallops too. Darn it, now I'm salivating!
  Re: Re: Dinner Sunday, Jan 11th? by Trixxee (I think I'm going to...)
The Sweet & Spicy Scallops from the Weeknight Grilling book? My 17 yr old son loves that recipe.

Dinner here is Skillet Chicken with Broccoli, Ziti, and Asiago Cheese and No Knead Bread.