1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper to taste

Rinse and thoroughly drain the quinoa

In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil and season with salt. Add quinoa, reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat, cover and let cool.

Roll small piles of the spinach leaves and thinly slice into strips.

In a large bowl, mix together cooked quinoa, spinach, dried cherries, cucumber, chickpeas, almonds and red onion.

In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, oil, lemon juice and garlic. Pour into the large bowl with the quinoa salad and gently toss to coat. Taste and add enough salt and pepper to your liking - then cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes for the flavors to meld.

I left my Quinoa a little on the underdone side made it a little crunchier. This is a very pretty salad - and we thought that some avocado might have been really good in it, but since the salad keeps so well it might not have kept as well with the avocado - perhaps as garnish on the plate. It went really well with the smoked tri tip and the maple chipotle beans.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Spinach-Quinoa Salad - another keeper! by Harborwitch (Spinach-Quinoa Salad...)
Oh Sharon, that does sound wonderful. We eat quinoa quite a bit, but have not done a salad yet. Bonus....how nutritious this must be!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Spinach-Quinoa Salad - another keeper! by chef_Tab (Oh Sharon, that does...)
Protein packed! I love quinoa. Bob and I were talking - this would be good made with barley too.
  Re: Re: Spinach-Quinoa Salad - another keeper! by Harborwitch (Protein packed! I l...)
and couscous - man, this sounds so good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Spinach-Quinoa Salad - another keeper! by cjs (and couscous - man, ...)
This sounds amazing. I've only just discovered quinoa, and don't even know for sure how to say it yet
I must find a place that sells it. Going to the big town Friday and will have to look.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Spinach-Quinoa Salad - another keeper! by farnfam (This sounds amazing....)
It's pronounced, "Keen-waa".

Check the organics food section for it.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Spinach-Quinoa Salad - another keeper! by BarbaraS (It's pronounced, "Ke...)
another thank you to another anon - another recipe I had forgotten about.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Spinach-Quinoa Salad - another keeper! by cjs (another thank you to...)
Thank you anon. Reminded me -Quinoa might not be easy to find in Nodak. This salad is so freakin' good.
  Re: Re: Spinach-Quinoa Salad - another keeper! by Harborwitch (Thank you anon. Rem...)
Maybe it would be hard to find in Nodak, but as a dry good it would keep well, so you could buy some in bulk and keep it till you do find a source, right?
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Spinach-Quinoa Salad - another keeper! by farnfam (Maybe it would be ha...)
Sharon, did you see the ice cream thread? It's right up your alley.
www.achefsjourney.com