Review: Spicy shrimp skewers
  Re: (...)
Cuisine for Two page 43

What another easy tasty recipe....all of my favorite ingredients in there.....YUMMM!!! I did sub flat leaf parsley for the cilantro and cut back on the lime juice (I'm glad I did!!) If you are a cilantro fan you might prefer that to the parsley. I did note that the shrimp needed more than 2 minutes per side---more like 3-4 but other than that---piece of cake!!! Solid 9---and clean up was easy as well.

I did not do the vegetable fried brown rice, though. I have my own very favorite white rice recipe--as Peter always says "don't change perfection" I don't know about perfection but it is really good and I did not want to deal him another unknown when I already know what he will say sooooo....

BTW----if anybody needs the recipes for any of these not on the Member's Plus--please don't hesitate to ask...I will be more than happy to post!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Review: Spicy shrimp skewers by Roxanne 21 (Cuisine for Two p...)
I agree Roxanne! This is a great recipe that we've made several times. The fried rice is good too!
  Re: Re: Review: Spicy shrimp skewers by HomeCulinarian (I agree Roxanne! Th...)
Thanks for the review, Roxanne! Great idea going with cilantro....seems sensible with lime. Can't wait to try this one. I just love those recipes for two!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Review: Spicy shrimp skewers by chef_Tab (Thanks for the revie...)
What is "Member's Plus"?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Review: Spicy shrimp skewers by BarbaraS (What is "Member's Pl...)
Barbara, a long time ago in the land of Eden and when C@H powers that be reorganized things, they offered the forum members the opportunity to joing the "members plus" whatever that entitled us (who made it in) to have access to their archives. Those who jumped on the bandwagon quickly now have that access.

BUT, it is no longer the land of Eden - they, the powers that be discontinued adding recipes to the archives about 1 1/2 years ago!

Lots of disgruntled folks...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review: Spicy shrimp skewers by cjs (Barbara, a long time...)
Thanks for the review Roxanne. I'm giving this one a try as soon as I can get my hands on some fresh shrimp at a reasonable price.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.