Champagne Q
  Re: (...)
Hello All!!

Okay, I'm old. Can't stay up until midnight anymore.

So we chilled a bottle of Moet Imperial for New year's Eve and, yep, you guessed it, I was in bed before midnight.

Well it's still in the fridge, unopened. Is it still okay? Is there some rule (besides personal) that a bottle of champers has to be consumed by such-and-such a time after you've chilled it?

Have I committed the innocent bottle to champagne suicide??

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Champagne Q by BarbaraS (Hello All!![br][br]O...)
I was told that it just needs to stay chilled. It's not good for it to change temps...

I'm sure the other wine-o(ficionados) will be along with answers!
  Re: Re: Champagne Q by HomeCulinarian (I was told that it j...)
Thanks!! Kinda figured about the temp part. I'm just hoping that I'm not "bruising" the grapes or whatever.

Heck, maybe this NFC Sunday I'll be popping the cork!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Champagne Q by BarbaraS (Thanks!! Kinda figu...)
there is no maybe Barbara! The Eagles will win.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Champagne Q by chef_Tab (there is no maybe Ba...)
Barbara, I have been told it will hold quite a while. I'd pop that cork Sunday and have a blast! You may want to make the cranberry syrup for the Ruby Slippers, they are sooooooo good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Champagne Q by Gourmet_Mom (Barbara, I have been...)
We've always been under the impression that champagne should not be continually chilled. Better to remove if you change your mind and the slowness of the un-chilling will not affect the flavor. It's sudden temperature changes that affect wines.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Champagne Q by cjs (We've always been un...)
Never heard that...thanks Jean!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Champagne Q by Gourmet_Mom (Never heard that...t...)
Wow, me either, but that explains some not so great champagne I've had from our cooler. Anyway, my solution to not keeping champagne too long is to make a half and half mix of champagne and some cranberry/pomegranate/some other juice. It's so good and a bit less over the top for a regular night's cocktail. And hubby will drink those, but champagne alone is a bit much for him. Plus they're red and so pretty - perfect Valentine's day drink, I say!
  Re: Re: Champagne Q by carolekv (Wow, me either, but ...)
OOOh carolekv, what a great idea!!! I'd been wanting a special, sparkly, drink for Valentine celebrating. Our anniversary is the 14, but celebrate as many times that month as we can fit in!!!!! This is for sure a got to try.
Thanks
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Champagne Q by farnfam (OOOh carolekv, what ...)
Carole and Cis...have you tried the Ruby Sippers? We LOVE those. I've been keeping cranberries since Christmas just to make some when the mood strikes. It will DEFINITELY be on the Valentine's menu. William likes it better than I do!
Daphne