Sunshine Trip Almost at an End!!
  Re: (...)
We'll be back in Medford and Tracie's (madmax) tonight on our way back home. BUT, oh have we ever been rejuvinated with sunshine this past month.

Looking forward to dinner - Tracie says she's making something I've been wanting to try (or make, can't remember which), but won't say what.

We've had so much fun seeing our kids, our old and dearest friends, heard some devastating news about a couple, that I guess given our age, we're lucky we haven't heard more. Lots of memories to see us thru the fu(king weather we will have to put up with for a while. (excuse the potty mouth, but sometimes its called for )

Plus, we have 3 cases of misc. wine we picked up - that will certainly help the atmosphere also.

So, we'll see you later today, Trace and on to Houseboat Don's on Monday!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunshine Trip Almost at an End!! by cjs (We'll be back in Med...)
I know you hate to see it end, but what fun times to carry you through the coming months of winter.

Now I'm going to go crazy waiting to hear what you're having for dinner...TRACIE!!!!!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunshine Trip Almost at an End!! by Gourmet_Mom (I know you hate to s...)
It's about time you two quit gallivanting around the country and return home!

News for you Jean, Dave & Jackie have made an offer on a house in Molalla (outside Portland). They're going to be moving in the near future...closer to the family.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Sunshine Trip Almost at an End!! by bjcotton (It's about time you ...)
Safe travels, Jean. What kind of weather are you going home to? We are at 6 degrees this a.m. and a ton of snow still on the ground. Do they salt the roads out by you? Ron said that the weather channel mentioned they don't use salt in the northwest. Is that true? We just couldn't imagine that!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Sunshine Trip Almost at an End!! by cjs (We'll be back in Med...)
Sorry you couldn't make it by here. We've been having the kind of weather I wish we could have all year long - 70's during the day and beautiful cool sleeping weather at night.

We're BBQing with friends from the Delta this afternoon. It's almost shorts weather!

It's always good to get home though - even if the weather is crappy. We used to say that about the "hovel" on the Island - no matter how crappy it was it was sure nice to be home.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunshine Trip Almost at an End!! by Harborwitch (Sorry you couldn't m...)
Next time Jean you guys have to make down farther south

Be careful on the roads up there. Can't wait to hear about your dinner.
  Re: Re: Sunshine Trip Almost at an End!! by DFen911 (Next time Jean you g...)
I know something you don't know....na na na na naaaa naaaaa! Let me know how dinner turned out! What a sweetie you have in Tracie...reminds me of my Ashley! I loved her dearly as a child, but I adore her as an adult! She makes me proud to call myself a parent.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Sunshine Trip Almost at an End!! by Gourmet_Mom (I know something you...)
It smelled wonderful as we came to the front door!!! Wow.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunshine Trip Almost at an End!! by cjs (It smelled wonderful...)
I am so expecting a review on this one! I really think the flavors will appeal to my boys!

Good Job Tracie! Looks like you surprised her and impressed her!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Sunshine Trip Almost at an End!! by Gourmet_Mom (I am so expecting a ...)
CUT THE SUSPENSE!!!!! What was dinner???

I suppose I missed something here.....again!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy