Dinner, Sunday, Jan. 18th?
  Re: (...)
I don't think dinner has been decided, but breakfast will be a new little take off on pulled pork - a 'what to do with the leftovers' kinda thing. Last week, I made pulled pork in the crockpot in the trailer, but the we started meeting friends for dinner so had to freeze it in packets.

This recipe was on some newsletter and sounded right up our alley - maybe some oven fries.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Pulled Pork BBQ Cups

1/4 cup barbecue sauce -- (1/4 to 1/3)
1 tube refrigerated biscuits -- 10 biscuits
leftover pulled pork -- about 3/4 cup
dill pickle slices
thinly sliced roma tomatoes
finely chopped red onion or sweet onion
shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend -- about 1/2 cup

Heat oven to 400°. Lightly spray 10 muffin cups with baking spray or grease lightly.

Flatten biscuits slightly and press into muffin cups, pressing up the sides. Put about 1/2 teaspoon of the barbecue sauce in each cup. Top with about 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of pulled pork, then top with a thin slice of tomato and a pickle. Sprinkle with a little onion and then top each cup with shredded cheese. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until lightly browned.

Makes 5 to 10 servings, depending on the meal and appetites.

Description:
"I freeze extra pulled pork to use later, and this is the perfect easy recipe for leftover pork barbecue. Serve these treats for lunch or dinner (my note: or brunch) with coleslaw and fries or chips."

------

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner, Sunday, Jan. 18th? by cjs (I don't think dinner...)
My husband wants to make some form of chili using a grilled pork tenderloin, white beans, diced green chilies and cilantro. I'm sure he'll pull it together.
  Re: Re: Dinner, Sunday, Jan. 18th? by Trixxee (My husband wants to ...)
Is that his own recipe, Trixxee? Please let us know how it turns out, we love all kinds of chili.

I made Zuppa Toscana and a mixed green salad to have later today. With all this snow to deal with, we are working up quite an appetite.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner, Sunday, Jan. 18th? by Mare749 (Is that his own reci...)
Shrimp with Remoulade sauce (New Orleans style) and angel hair pasta----just a SMALL amount with butter and parmesan--and a touch of basil----nice and light and filling!!!

New post coming!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Dinner, Sunday, Jan. 18th? by Roxanne 21 (Shrimp with Remoulad...)
Okay, don't freak out....corn dogs and french fries! William's idea. That shrimp sure sounds tasty.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Dinner, Sunday, Jan. 18th? by cjs (I don't think dinner...)
Well, linguica sandwiches and clam chowder is supper tonight, after a long day of plowing out all the properties. I think we had about 10 inches of snow today with another storm moving in tonight, another 4 inches expected. Hearty fare is in order tonight!

When will winter be over.....I know it's not nearly as bad as LJ's weather but I still don't like it.....

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Dinner, Sunday, Jan. 18th? by pjcooks (Well, linguica sandw...)
Well, as for weather, we're havin' some. Our area recieved 24" last nite on top of what's already down. Snow shoeing was wonderful. It looks like a dreamscape.
For dinner we did a warm salad type thingy. Cooked our quinoa in chicken broth. Poached calamari in white wine, garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper (and a bit of red pepper) when that was done we tossed it in a very spicy Italian style vingarette with red onion, more garlic, tomatoes and basil. Mixed with baby spinach and the quinoa and topped with smoked almonds. It really was good.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Dinner, Sunday, Jan. 18th? by farnfam (Well, as for weather...)
Sounds yummy, Cis, I love quinoa, haven't had it in a long time.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Dinner, Sunday, Jan. 18th? by pjcooks (Sounds yummy, Cis, I...)
We went over to friends for the day. The guys watched football and Joan and I had a ball in the kitchen. We made a bunch of pasta, beet ravioli, and had a ball. Her husband was busy with the hand crank butter churn making butter. When he was done we used the "buttermilk" and some she had in the fridge and made a fresh cheese. Earlier in the day she'd smoked some striped bass he caught yesterday.

Dinner was lovely fillet grilled outside, truffled risotto, green beans, garlic bread, and a fantastic broccoli sald. We were going to have lavender blueberry ice cream for dessert and forgot all about it.

We've still got another batch of pasta dough to deal with in the next day or two. Sheesh - I'm pooped!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Dinner, Sunday, Jan. 18th? by Harborwitch (We went over to frie...)
Sounds like a busy and wonderful day, Sharon. Mmmm truffles.
Cis
Empress for Life