Where is the recipe for blondies desert?
  Re: (...)
I can't find the recipe for blondies: macademia/coconut/white chocolate desert bars, can anyone point to the volume page, I've misplaced my index again.
Thanks,
JeffD
Jeff (PapaJ)
  Re: Where is the recipe for blondies desert? by JeffD (I can't find the rec...)
Was it in a special issue? Like Cookies or something? I looked in the index and couldn't find it. Is Blondies the correct name?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Where is the recipe for blondies desert? by bjcotton (Was it in a special ...)
Ditto.

I looked in the Holiday Cookies book and there wasn't any mention. Then I looked up macadamia in my recipe index and it shows a macadamia nut/white chocolate topping for a regular brownie, but I didn't see any recipe for a blonde brownie with those ingredients.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Where is the recipe for blondies desert? by JeffD (I can't find the rec...)
It is in the newest issue - Feb 2009. Page 5
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Where is the recipe for blondies desert? by esgunn (It is in the newest ...)
WELCOME Jeff D----I went to look at your personal page--only because my son is JeffD--- But he is not retired!! Please join us again and let us know about those blondies!!!

WHAAAAA!!!! Haven't received that issue yet! WHHHAAAAA!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Where is the recipe for blondies desert? by esgunn (It is in the newest ...)
Thanks! Now I just need to get that copy back from the eldest son in law.
PapaJ to 8 grand children
Jeff (PapaJ)
  Re: Re: Where is the recipe for blondies desert? by JeffD (Thanks! Now I just n...)
I forgot earlier, but Welcome JeffD. Hope you have fun here with the rest of us.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Where is the recipe for blondies desert? by bjcotton (I forgot earlier, bu...)
Sorrh to ask, but could someone post the recipe for the blondies? R.
  Re: Re: Where is the recipe for blondies desert? by Romaynetheo (Sorrh to ask, but co...)
Romay, I'm sorry...I'm extremely tired right now, but if someone else doesn't get to it before tomorrow evening or Saturday, I'll post it for you. That is if it is actually in February 2009.

I see you got it, well done!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Where is the recipe for blondies desert? by Gourmet_Mom (Romay, I'm sorry...I...)
Here you go -
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Blondies with toasted coconut

Dry-roasted macadamia nuts add a little something extra to these bars. Unroasted macadamias work, too.

Makes 24 bars; Total time: 1 hour + cooling

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 jar dry-roasted macadamia nuts,
chopped (3 oz.), divided
1 cup chopped white chocolate, divided
1/2 cup sweetened coconut, toasted
3/4 cup sweetened coconut

Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9x13-inch pan with aluminum foil, extending foil over sides of pan to make "handles." Butter and flour foil.

Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl; set aside.

Cream butter and brown sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; blend until light in color, 1-2 minutes.

Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and blend just until combined. Stir in 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, 1/2 cup white chocolate, and toasted coconut; spread into prepared pan.

Top with 3/4 cup coconut and remaining nuts. Bake 35-37 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let blondies completely cool in pan.

Melt remaining 1/2 cup white chocolate in the microwave oven in a resealable plastic bag about 60 seconds. Cut tip off one corner of bag; drizzle white chocolate over bars. Once chocolate has set, remove blondies from pan, discard foil, and cut into 24 bars.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com