Wednesday Dinner - Jan 21st (?)
  Re: (...)
Well, we're home...and I don't have the slightest idea what's in the freezer for dinner. those prime rib bundles Theresa mentioned are calling me, but will depend if 'someone' will go to the store...they would be a good starter for the pasta/sausage/onion/marinara I cooked up last night.

What's everyone else up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday Dinner - Jan 21st (?) by cjs (Well, we're home...a...)
We're having Windows crabcakes made with some leftover Phillips crabmeat. We made the seafood strudel over the weekend-will give a report later.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - Jan 21st (?) by Old Bay (We're having Windows...)
What time is dinner, Bill? I have been craving crab cakes ever since Rox mentioned the remoulade sauce.

Dinner? I have NO idea.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Leftover short ribs from last Sunday.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
Granddaughter Alexis' birthday dinner. She's requested pizza so I'm off to go get the dough's made and make sure everything is set.

Then in 2 weeks it's her baby shower for Great Granddaughter Havana who is due in April. Wheeeeee! I hope to remember to take pictures.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - Jan 21st (?) by Harborwitch (Granddaughter Alexis...)
Sharon, I almost made pizza here, but it is SO cold, I made the Lasagna Soup...YUM!

You folks in the North and Midwest will laugh at this, but we've had two snow days. There was just enough snow to cover the grass. The worst part is my heat is not working, so we're making do with a small space heater....One of those that look like a fire place. Not much heat coming outta that thing. So I've been huddled under the covers for the past two days...LOL! The temps have ranged from almost 40 today (for about an hour) down to the teens at night. BBBBBRRRRRR!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - Jan 21st (?) by Gourmet_Mom (Sharon, I almost mad...)
Oh Daph, you are right, this North person did laugh at that. Temps in the 40's, that'd be a fr!k!n heat wave for us. Minus 5 most of today and snowy.
Dinner was ground turkey meatloaf, potatoes and greenbeans. I wish I had seen your post of Lasagna soup in time to make some, that would have been perfect......maybe tomorrow
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - Jan 21st (?) by farnfam (Oh Daph, you are rig...)
Chicken Lo Mein. YUM.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - Jan 21st (?) by esgunn (Chicken Lo Mein. YU...)
arrozo con pollo - recipe on our forum - added mexican cheese

was really a good recipe. will make again.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - Jan 21st (?) by mjkcooking ( arrozo con pollo - ...)
Hotter than it has a right to be here, again, and the husband is out of town so I cheated and picked up El Pollo Loco.