Superbowl's Coming - What Is Everyone Eating???
  Re: (...)
I'm leaning towards Nacho kind of food - unless you guys start givng me your ideas and I can't stand not making something else.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Superbowl's Coming - What Is Everyone Eating??? by cjs (I'm leaning towards ...)
Jean remember that thread on "the other forum" where we listed all the funny stuff for the superbowl? That was a fun thread.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Superbowl's Coming - What Is Everyone Eating??? by bjcotton (Jean remember that t...)
We'll be in Baltimore. I'd like to bring an app or desert, but haven't decided on anything yet.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Superbowl's Coming - What Is Everyone Eating??? by Lorraine (We'll be in Baltimor...)
Jean got me thinking about those pork stuffed poblanos with walnut cream sauce.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Superbowl's Coming - What Is Everyone Eating??? by Mare749 (Jean got me thinking...)
BILLY!! I haven't made these forever, have you???? Maryann's going to beat us.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Superbowl's Coming - What Is Everyone Eating??? by cjs (BILLY!! I haven't ma...)
Got a couple of orders for the Mushroom-and-Chicken-Sausage Rolls, and shall also make some for myself.

In addition, the store finally got some leeks and some goat cheese, so I'll also be making the Mushroom, Leek and Cheese Tarts that I didn't get to make the last time I had mushrooms.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Superbowl's Coming - What Is Everyone Eating?? by labradors (Got a couple of orde...)
Goodness, a reason to try those Ina Garten Cheese ideas! William will LOVE it! I think I'll have the cheese tart and cream cheese thing for a starter and since I know the boys will fill up on that, I'll just do a simple roast chicken thingy and serve the pear salad she showed for a side!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Superbowl's Coming - What Is Everyone Eating?? by Gourmet_Mom (Goodness, a reason t...)
SUPERBOWL?????? Not here but the comments have inspired me to make something for this Sunday---that is when the SUPERBOWL is---NO???

What teams are in the play-off?
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Superbowl's Coming - What Is Everyone Eating??? by cjs (I'm leaning towards ...)
I'm going to be making this for the first time. It sounds good.

Sausage-Filled Monkey Bread

Fun to make and even more fun to eat. Try it as a party hors d'oeuvre with red wine or beer, or accompany with scrambled eggs for brunch. Offer pickles and mustard on the side.

Makes one 10-inch bread

1 pound smoked kielbasa sausage or 1-1/2 pounds sweet Italian sausage

2 envelopes dry yeast

1 teaspoon brown sugar

1/4 cup warm water (105 Degrees F. to 115 Degrees F.)

1 cup warm milk (105 Degrees F. to 115 Degrees F.)

1/2 cup warm water (105 Degrees F. to 115 Degrees F.)

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature

2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar

2 teaspoons salt

2 eggs

2 egg yolks

1 cup rye flour

5 cups (about) unbleached all purpose flour

Sage Butter

10 tablespoons (1-1/4 sticks) unsalted butter

2 tablespoons dried sage, crumbled

1/4 teaspoon ground coriander

Simmer sausage in water to cover until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Drain; let cool. Cut into 1/2 inch slices.

Sprinkle yeast and 1 teaspoon brown sugar over 1/4 cup water in small bowl; let dissolve, then stir to blend. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.

Combine yeast, milk, 1/2 cup water, butter, 2 tablespoons sugar and salt in bowl of heavy-duty electric mixer (dough can also be made by hand). Using dough hook, mix until smooth. Blend in eggs and yolks, than rye flour. Add enough all purpose flour 1 cup at a time to form dough that pulls away from sides of bowl. Mix until elastic, adding more all purpose flour if very sticky, about 10 minutes.

Butter large bowl. Add dough, turning to coat entire surface. Cover bowl with plastic and kitchen towel. Let dough rise in warm draft-free area until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.

Punch dough down. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, 2 to 3 minutes. Cover bowl and let dough rest for 10 minutes.

For Butter: Cook butter with sage and coriander in heavy small saucepan over low heat until butter melts. Let cool for 10 minutes.

Generously butter 10-inch tube pan or nonstick bundt pan. Pinch off walnut-size piece of dough. Poke slice of sausage in center; pinch ends to seal. Dip into sage butter. Place seam side up in prepared pan. Repeat with remaining dough and sausage, arranging in pan in loose layers. Brush any remaining butter over top. Tent pan loosely with foil. Let stand in warm draft-free area until bread just reaches top of baking pan, about 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F. Set pan on rimmed baking sheet and bake until bread sounds hollow when tapped on top, covering loosely with foil if browning too quickly, about 1 hour. Invert bread onto rack. Serve warm.

Bon Appetit - November 1986 (Article & Recipes by Edena Sheldon)
rosie
  Re: Re: Superbowl's Coming - What Is Everyone Eating?? by Roxanne 21 (SUPERBOWL?????? [i...)
It's the Arizona Cardinals and the Pittsburg Steelers. I don't know if we're doing anything yet. Neither team is high on our radar . . .
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!