Endive Stuffed w/Goat Cheese and Honeyed Walnuts
  Re: (...)
This recipe was fabulous and I will keep it in my files.

[Image: endive.jpg]

8 servings (serving size: 2 stuffed leaves)

Ingredients
1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons honey, divided
Cooking spray
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons orange juice
16 Belgian endive leaves (about 2 heads)
1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese or blue cheese
16 small orange sections (about 2 navel oranges)
1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine walnuts and 1 tablespoon honey; spread on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes.

Combine 1 tablespoon honey, vinegar, and orange juice in a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat, and cook until reduced to 3 tablespoons (about 5 minutes).

Fill each endive leaf with 1 orange section. Top each section with 1 teaspoon cheese and 1 teaspoon walnuts; arrange on a plate. Drizzle the vinegar mixture evenly over leaves, and sprinkle evenly with chives and pepper.

It went over very big with my guests who are squeamish about 'different' foods. I presented it on a platter and drizzled it all with the reduction.

[Image: endive2.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Endive Stuffed w/Goat Cheese and Honeyed Walnuts by luvnit (This recipe was fabu...)
Thank you! I am printing this right now. I have everything but the endive - I do have blue cheese, and I have a quart of goat's milk just waiting to become cheese. I see this in the future - very very soon.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Endive Stuffed w/Goat Cheese and Honeyed Walnuts by Harborwitch (Thank you! I am pri...)
Oh and I used mandarin oranges instead of regular navels. It worked out perfectly and looked great too.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Endive Stuffed w/Goat Cheese and Honeyed Walnuts by luvnit (Oh and I used mandar...)
Oh my, this may have to go on my superbowl menu. Hmmmm.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Endive Stuffed w/Goat Cheese and Honeyed Walnuts by chef_Tab (Oh my, this may have...)
my goodness it looks good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Endive Stuffed w/Goat Cheese and Honeyed Walnuts by cjs (my goodness it looks...)
Gosh, Laura, that looks so good. I bet I could do a scaled down version for just Jame and I. I could use the gorganzola, just have to find endive hmmmm
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Endive Stuffed w/Goat Cheese and Honeyed Walnuts by farnfam (Gosh, Laura, that lo...)
I have been looking for a nice recipe for Belgian endive---they are available periodically here and I haven't quite known what to do with them! This looks very similar to an appy I had when in New York in September---good for you, Laura!! Looks scrumptious!!!

Have copied, printed and will definitely try---I will use the mandarins as well!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Endive Stuffed w/Goat Cheese and Honeyed Walnuts by Roxanne 21 (I have been looking ...)
What a wonderful presentation! Great on you Laura! YS is a mandarin orange "FREAK"! He begs for a can every time I go to the grocery store, but since he can eat a whole can at one sitting, I've had to cut him back to every now and then. Copied and saved!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Endive Stuffed w/Goat Cheese and Honeyed Walnuts by Gourmet_Mom (What a wonderful pre...)
Nice presentation... sounds delicious.
  Re: Re: Endive Stuffed w/Goat Cheese and Honeyed Walnuts by HomeCulinarian (Nice presentation......)
One Q -

Where's the bacon?? Wouldn't crumbled bacon just add that little touch?

OMG, they look soooo good!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.