Link for Inaugural Luncheon Recipes
  Re: (...)
I thought some of you might enjoy reading the menu recipes for the inaugural luncheon; it's interesting. The Cinnamon Apple Sponge Cake sounds especially good!

http://inaugural.senate.gov/documents/do...ecipes.pdf
  Re: Link for Inaugural Luncheon Recipes by sophia (I thought some of yo...)
I had seen this earlier - the duck course sure looks tasty.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Link for Inaugural Luncheon Recipes by cjs (I had seen this earl...)
All that for lunch? I can't even imagine getting past that rich seafood stew! Does sound good though, especially the duck.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Link for Inaugural Luncheon Recipes by Mare749 (All that for lunch? ...)
Quote:

All that for lunch? I can't even imagine getting past that rich seafood stew! Does sound good though, especially the duck.

Oh but wouldn't I love to try to get past it
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Link for Inaugural Luncheon Recipes by sophia (I thought some of yo...)
Man, those recipes sound really great. I'd love to try the seafood stew. I must have seafood on the brain lately.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Link for Inaugural Luncheon Recipes by luvnit (Man, those recipes s...)
We saw this the other day and commented on it. The duck and pheasant really caught my eye. I did wonder about two things though. When I think "winter vegetables",I don't think of asparagus and yellow beans.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Link for Inaugural Luncheon Recipes by Lorraine (We saw this the othe...)
I think you're right Lorraine. Isn't asparagus a Spring/early summer veggie?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Link for Inaugural Luncheon Recipes by Mare749 (I think you're right...)
That's what we were thinking. The other thing we debated was the dessert. Don't get me wrong, it sounds fabulous, and I would love to make it. But,using brioche and calling it a sponge cake? I don't know. We had a great time reading the menu / recipes, and pulling them apart. I would love to see the dinner menus from the various venues.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Link for Inaugural Luncheon Recipes by Lorraine (That's what we were ...)
I'm loving that seafood stew myself! Thanks for sharing Sophia.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Link for Inaugural Luncheon Recipes by Gourmet_Mom (I'm loving that seaf...)
Thanks, Daphne. Let us know if you fix the stew. Looks a little 'intensive' to me, but I think you're probably up to it.