Laura (luvnit) a twofer !!!! Dinner tonight??
  Re: (...)
Dinner tonight was your Belgian endive recipe----what a superb dish---Peter HATES endives but was very pleasantly surprised with this dish and ate ALL FOUR of the "specimens" on his plate---

The twofer----I sauteed some pork medallions (brushed with Dijon, lightly coated with a seasoned flour and then sauteed in butter and olive oil and added a bit of white wine for deglazing and reduction) I added a bit of the balsamic vinegar glaze as a topping to the medallions and it was GREAT!!!

The side was some baby potatoes with butter and chives---

What a lovely meal---if I do say so myself :frown;

You are soooo right--the endives are a definite KEEPER!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Laura (luvnit) a twofer !!!! Dinner tonight?? by Roxanne 21 (Dinner tonight was y...)
I was planning to make the stuffed endives for a superbowl party and the store didn't have endive! I am going to the city tonight to check there.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Laura (luvnit) a twofer !!!! Dinner tonight?? by chef_Tab (I was planning to ma...)
Sweet and Sour Pork and jasmine rice.
  Re: Re: Laura (luvnit) a twofer !!!! Dinner tonigh by Trixxee (Sweet and Sour Pork ...)
We're having some kind of Baked Chicken Breasts (one of Marilee's recipes) with Brussels sprouts, broccoli, and a green salad. She comes up with some of the tastiest recipes, most of which are quick-fixin' type recipes since they both work.

Has anyone tried the Kirkland brand (Costco) Cranberry Macadamia Nut with crisp Cereal Flakes cereal? It also has Oat Clusters in it? It's $6.45 for a big 34 oz box with two bags of cereal inside it. I used to eat Honey Nut Chex that ran $4.45 for a small box of cereal (about 12-14 oz) until I tried this. I sweeten it with a little Agave syrup and it is just wonderful.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Laura (luvnit) a twofer !!!! Dinner tonigh by bjcotton (We're having some ki...)
Billy, we buy that cereal quite a bit. Costco has quite a few healthy and good tasting choices. I also go through a jar of that almond butter every week making smoothies.

We are actually going out to dinner tonight. Trying a new restaurant called Gordon Biersch. It is a microbrewery type place and a chain, I think. I can't wait to try the beer samplers!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Laura (luvnit) a twofer !!!! Dinner tonight?? by Roxanne 21 (Dinner tonight was y...)
Thanks for the update Roxanne!

What a lovely sounding dinner and I am glad Peter liked his endives. Sometimes I shy away from making things my hubby 'hates', but I am always pleasantly surprised when he actually ends up liking it! You get a big pat on the back for that. Go girl!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Laura (luvnit) a twofer !!!! Dinner tonight?? by luvnit (Thanks for the updat...)
Haven't tried that cereal Billy but I did just find "Just Bunches!". If you like Honey Bunches of Oats, this just the bunches (as the name would indicate). The bunches were always my favorite part.
  Re: Re: Laura (luvnit) a twofer !!!! Dinner tonigh by Trixxee (Haven't tried that c...)
I'm going to use up some leftovers from this week to make room for a big big grocery shopping trip tomorrow in the city.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Laura (luvnit) a twofer !!!! Dinner tonigh by bjcotton (We're having some ki...)
Okay! Now I know who the Honey Nut Cheerios belong too. I saw them in the cupboard and went ??????

I'm not sure tonight - we've done Mexican, Asian, Italian this week. I've got some lamb chops in the freezer, some sweet potatoes, and a salad - Greekish/Middle Eastern I think.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Laura (luvnit) a twofer !!!! Dinner tonigh by Harborwitch (Okay! Now I know wh...)
Central market did not have endive the other day, so have everything but that to make this. darn.

The neighbors have invited us over for some gossip and wine about 4:30 - everytime we do this we completely ruin our dinner not to mention staggering across the street home. So, I making an early dinner - Roasted Beet Pizza (Pizza alla Barbabietola Arrositito) and heating up some Baked beans. I was going to make Orecchiette with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon, but don't have time before the wine starts flowing so will keep that one for tomorrow night.

I'm really anxious to make Laura's endive tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com