Saturday's Dinner - Jan. 31st
  Re: (...)
Can you believe January is almost history???? They (whoever 'they' is)...say time flies as you get older. Well, it certainly is just going WHOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSHHHHHH for me.

What's everyone up to for dinner?

I was going to make Orecchiette with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon last night but got waylaid by the neighbors, so will do it tonight.

The Roastd Beet Pizza was quite tasty - my pizza dough was a little thinner than usual, so my pizza turned out more like an appy on a cracker than a pizza, but really enjoyed it anyway. Just pizza dough brushed with olive oil, topped with feta cheese, beet slices (instead of slices, I julienned), and thinly sliced shallots. After baked, sprinkle with salt and drizzle a little honey (I used sage honey). I think I'll mark on the recipe to make it a thin crust again and have just for an afternoon goodie.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner - Jan. 31st by cjs (Can you believe Janu...)
Not sure about dinner yet, but that Focaccia Bruschetta with Roasted Red Pepper and Bocconcini (LCBO) seems to be calling me for happy hour.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - Jan. 31st by Mare749 (Not sure about dinne...)
We have a banquet to attend... some type of chicken ala whatever is my guess.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - Jan. 31st by HomeCulinarian (We have a banquet to...)
Quote:

We have a banquet to attend... some type of chicken ala whatever is my guess.

So, will that be Banquet chicken, then, instead of Perdue chicken?

I'm having ribs and mashed potatoes.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Saturday's Dinner - Jan. 31st by cjs (Can you believe Janu...)
Stir fry chicken with Oriental vegis--no white carbs--I think Pacific Rim dry Reisling.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - Jan. 31st by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I just made Bruchetta, it's chilling for tonight. Guests arrive at 4 so I'm serving angel hair pasta with shrimp scampi and a tossed salad with a lemon vinaigrette.

Not sure about dessert as one of the couples is bringing it.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - Jan. 31st by DFen911 (I just made Bruchett...)
Oh, party at Denise's!!! have fun.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - Jan. 31st by cjs (Oh, party at Denise'...)
Oh Denise, I LOVE scampi! Lucky guests! I'd love to know how you make yours...it seems everyone has their own special way. I have seen dozens of recipes and very few are done alike....except me and Jean. I was so surprised when I found out our recipes were so similar. Mine is pretty much like Jean's Roasted Shrimp recipe, but with lots of butter and more garlic. YUM!!! I've been craving scampi ever since I posted that recipe, but I'll have to wait...didn't get to go to the city. I forgot had to attend a funeral this afternoon.

So, tonight, I'm having BBQ Baby Back Ribs and corn on the cob with a side salad. Sadly simple.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - Jan. 31st by Gourmet_Mom (Oh Denise, I LOVE sc...)
I think yours sounds good, Daph. We had garlic shrimp with veggies over fried rice.....it was ok, but not what I'd imagined it was gonna be. Somehow it left me flat. Odd thing tho' Jame kept filling my wine glass and after a few, I guess I liked it better. Still, it just didn't ring the bell for me, can't seem to figure what was missing, but something was. Yours sounds better.
Corn on the cob mmmmmmmmm
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - Jan. 31st by farnfam (I think yours sounds...)
I think we're just having bagels for dinner after a big lunch at Downtown Disney. And wine of course. What's a bagel without a glass of wine?