Just a quick hello...
  Re: (...)
Hi everyone!

We are moved into the new house with only some little things left to do. Been here since Wednesday night. Got home from the Iowa Pork Producers Taste of Elegance on Tuesday and found that my soon to be brother-in-law had finished most of the house and had started moving us!

I finished FOURTH AGAIN at Taste of Elegance and even grabbed second yet again in the People's Choice voting as well...I am going to be in the top three next year if it kills me!!!

I have been asked to do a cooking demo in August at the Iowa State Fair which is quite the honour as only FIVE Chefs are selected to do it!!! I also will be judging a food competition there as well. This is all a part of being named one of the five "Top Chefs in Iowa 2009" by one of the entertainment publications in Des Moines. Not too bad for a SOUS Chef!!!

Still have a busy February that includes the Des Moines Metropolitan Opera's Food and Wine Showcase coming up and bunches to do around the house so might not be here much...just wanted to say hi to everyone again!

Gotta run!

Be back soon I hope!!!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Just a quick hello... by firechef (Hi everyone![br][br]...)
Well, hello stranger! I figured you were crazy busy. Sorry about the fourth place...next time!

Well, BIL has redeemed himself for now.

Congrats on the award and the cooking demo appointment! I'll be looking forward to hearing more about it when the time gets closer.

I hope to hear from you soon. A few pics of the house would be nice. I know Holly must be beside herself with the new house. How is it going selling the old house? Good luck.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Just a quick hello... by Gourmet_Mom (Well, hello stranger...)
LJ, my man! So many good things coming your way! A new home, another award and the cooking demo, this IS your year! How exciting!
How's my cyber-granddaughter adapting to her new home? She probably feels a little lost, but in no time she'll feel at home.
Post and send photos soon!
Congrats and bearhugs,
Marina
  Re: Re: Just a quick hello... by marzyn (LJ, my man! So many ...)
Nice that you had a few moments to say hello---been missing you

Wow----you sure are the busy one. Congratulations for all of your achievements....fourth place ain't too shabby, LJ.....GOOD ON YA!!!! Drop in again and let us know what's up....even if it is a "quick hello"

What was your entry? :question:
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Just a quick hello... by firechef (Hi everyone![br][br]...)
That is all wonderful news. Glad to hear things are going well. I like news like that.

Congratulations!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Just a quick hello... by luvnit (That is all wonderfu...)
Moving is a double-edged sword...unpacking is just a pain. Good luck.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Just a quick hello... by cjs (Moving is a double-...)
Hey there LJ, nice thanks for dropping in with that very nice news!!!!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Just a quick hello... by farnfam (Hey there LJ, nice t...)
Well done. Keep us posted.