First Course......
  Re: (...)
brunch - champagne and an Italian Grinder - oh this was wonderful!
[Image: SausageGrinder.jpg]

Now, we are into the 2nd hour of the 5 HOUR PRE GRAME - FOR GOD'S SAKE!! Hopefully we'll be hungry again today. How are you all doin' with the food?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: First Course...... by cjs (brunch - champagne a...)
Yet another PhotoBucket image that just shows, "This image or video has been moved or deleted."
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: First Course...... by cjs (brunch - champagne a...)
We just got home from church, lunch and grocery shopping. I told William I had too much to do and planned to eat to be going out for lunch, but he's been craving fried shrimp for a while, so......

I had to do my shopping by memory and just checked my list...got it all...YIPEEE! My brain is not permanently damaged after all...yet...LOL! Just momentary lapses.

I've got to go get my chili on in a minute. I decided to go Tex/Mex to give Bill's Texas Chili a chance. So we'll be starting with hot wings and Bill's Bloody Bulls, then move on to Mexican Layer Dip, then finish with the chili later tonight.

BTW, how early today can I make my guacamole for the dip and it not turn dark? I'm making my own Pico De Gallo and will use some of that in the guac and there's lime juice in the guac.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: First Course...... by Gourmet_Mom (We just got home fro...)
make it anytime now, and just stick the pit in the center of the bowl to keep - superstition maybe, but might as well cover your b*tt.

why does that happen just sometimes with photobucket, I wonder
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: First Course...... by cjs (make it anytime now,...)
UHHHHH---WHAT GAME?????
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: First Course...... by Roxanne 21 (UHHHHH---WHAT GAME??...)
(the superbowl!)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: First Course...... by cjs ((the superbowl!) [im...)
I just popped some Costco tempura shrimp in the oven (hope it's at least decent!), and around half time we'll have lasagna that Tony made last night. We'll just reheat it, along with some garlic bread.
  Re: Re: First Course...... by Trixxee (I just popped some C...)
Well, like I said, nothing fancy around here. Pregame appies: Anchor Bar Buffalo Hot Wings with Blue Cheese Dressing and Bill's Bloody Bulls. (Man! I forgot the punch those things packed...LOL! Glad everything else is ready except for assembly and serving. I wouldn't dare pick up a knife in the next hour!)

[Image: Pregameappies.jpg]
Daphne
  Re: Re: First Course...... by Gourmet_Mom (We just got home fro...)
I feel so honored--I pray everything lives up to my hype!!! I think the bloody bulls have already passed muster????
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: First Course...... by Old Bay (I feel so honored--I...)
Well, the Mexican Layered Dip might have needed a bit of UMPH! Maybe if I'd used Pepper Jack instead of white cheddar for one of the layers. The pico and guac were perfect....maybe a little thicker layer of beans....But it sure looked pretty. Sorry for the cell pics...I need my OWN camera so I'll know where it is when I want to use it.

[Image: MexicanDip.jpg]

Then there was Bill's Texas Chili. Boy is that some rich stuff! I could only eat a small bowl, but then I had eaten a lot of stuff, too! LOTS of flavor here. I don't know what kind of chilies those were in the freezer, but roasting did not mellow them out much...LOL! WHEW! Thanks for the tip on the pico Bill, it really rounded out the dish. NOTE: you see no beans on the table....I forgot those, too! I know you're just heartbroken...LOL! Thanks for sharing your recipe Bill. I will be making it again, but I won't forget the beans...LOL! (Well, after we eat up what I'll be putting in the freezer. I want to try it out on fritos....I think it would be really good!)

[Image: BillsTexasChili.jpg]

Now off to kick back and watch the rest of the game. Was that not a wild touchdown at the end of the first half! WOW!
Daphne