Bill's Meatballs :)
  Re: (...)
Okay y'all, here is the recipe for the meatballs I came up with. It makes about 96 meatballs, so plan to freeze some.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Bill's Meatballs

Recipe By :Bill Cotton
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Meats-Game

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3 pounds ground beef, 93% lean
2 pounds ground pork
2 pounds ground veal
4 fresh bay leaves -- minced
1 1/2 tablespoons garlic seasoning
1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 tablespoon ground white pepper
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 large onion -- finely chopped
1 cup dried bread crumbs
3 large eggs -- lightly beaten
4 cups beef broth -- hot

Preheat oven to 450°F.

Add all ingredients except beef broth to a large bowl and mix thoroughly.

Using a two tablespoon scoop, scoop up mixture and roll into balls.

Using an 11 3/4- X 15 3/4-inch baking dish or whatever you have, add the meatballs to the dish leaving a space between each.

Pour in enough beef broth to equal about 1/4 to 1/2 inch in the bottom of the dish. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until desired doneness.

Remove meatballs from the oven and put on a parchment lined tray, leaving a space between each, and freeze for about 30 minutes if desired. After freezing, vacuum pack the meatballs into a family size bag and store in the freezer.

If you are planning to use that day, chill in the refrigerator until about 20-30 minutes before adding to Marinara/Spaghetti sauce and heating through.

Serve in Meatball subs or over pasta.

Yield:
"96 each"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here is the Marinara/Spaghetti sauce I previously posted the recipe for and the meatballs.

[Image: stuff12qy0.th.jpg]
[Image: stuff05nv0.th.jpg]

And here is a self portrait of my sisters, Carol (in the front) and Marilee, along with yours truly.

[Image: stuff03qz7.th.jpg]
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Bill's Meatballs :) by bjcotton (Okay y'all, here is ...)
Sounds really good Billy! YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Bill's Meatballs :) by bjcotton (Okay y'all, here is ...)
Sounds good and looks fantastic!

Now I know what my sisters look like! How fun, and how pretty they both are.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Bill's Meatballs :) by Harborwitch (Sounds good and look...)
We were playing with my new camera. While Marilee was down 2 weeks ago, she and Carol dyed each others hair. It was fun helping them. Marilee dyed her hair with one of those dyes that wash out in a month or so...it was about the color of a Bing cherry. Carol's was kind of an ash blond. When I was in my early-mid twenties, I used to wear a toupee or a wig. Went bald when I was 22. I had 2 toupees and 3 wigs..I wore one each day to college for five days. One of my teachers asked which one was my real hair and I told him all five were, bought and paid for! Then, when I joined the Navy, I wore a short toupee; I'd wash it in the shower and then throw it in the dryer on low. Well one day the dryer malfunctioned and turned it into an Afro, so I went to school the next day with no hair. The Instructor told me I couldn't sit in my study carroll because it belonged to Petty Officer Cotton. I just looked at him and told him I WAS Petty Officer Cotton That was the end of the toupees and wigs.

Billy
  Re: Re: Bill's Meatballs :) by bjcotton (We were playing with...)
Spew!!!!! Good thing the bourbon & water is out in the kitchen - that might have wrecked the keyboard, monitor, card reader, and . . . . the copies of our tax returns!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Bill's Meatballs :) by Harborwitch (Spew!!!!! Good thing...)
Lol now Billy that is a great story!
  Re: Re: Bill's Meatballs :) by DFen911 (Lol now Billy that i...)
You are too funny! Great story! BTW, your meatball recipe sounds super and the pics look great.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Bill's Meatballs :) by Mare749 (You are too funny! ...)
Thanks Maryann. They taste good too. I might not put as much white pepper in the next batch because my sister Carol doesn't care for pepper. It does leave a little tingly feeling in the mouth with the present amount I likes it!

Billy
  Re: Re: Bill's Meatballs :) by bjcotton (Thanks Maryann. The...)
Huge fan of white pepper, here! More so than for black pepper (no - I'm not a racist). With some foods, though, the white pepper can overwhelm some people, and the flavour of the black pepper can blend in a little better.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Bill's Meatballs :) by labradors (Huge fan of white pe...)
sounds and looks good, Billy!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com