Dry Brining Steak - Tutorial
  Re: (...)
I found this on a blog and thought it might add to what Buzz said in his thread. I thought it was great anyway.

Figure #1:

[Image: 1260411275_eb4e32c2b5.jpg]

Figure #2:

[Image: 1261267460_e556b677ab.jpg]

Figure #3:

[Image: 1260411643_bd01205197.jpg]

Figure #4:

[Image: 1261266892_5a5d87c8de.jpg]

Figure #5:

[Image: 1260411041_7d8c6777cb.jpg]

He meant prune not prude (FYI)

I thought this was a bit of useful information. Not to mention the funny quips on the pictures themselves.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Dry Brining Steak - Tutorial by luvnit (I found this on a bl...)
OMG!! That is too funny!!

Laura, pm me that blog addy, please.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Dry Brining Steak - Tutorial by BarbaraS (OMG!! That is too f...)
Excellent and fun tutorial - bookmarked it.
  Re: Re: Dry Brining Steak - Tutorial by buzzard767 (Excellent and fun tu...)
interesting.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dry Brining Steak - Tutorial by cjs (interesting....)
I found that site a few years ago and was intrigued. I questioned some chefs on another site. One of them tried it out...and it worked beautifully. I have since tried it a few times myself. You don't get filet mignon, but it certainly does wonders for a lesser cut of beef like sirloin or flank (or whatever it's called where you are). It can be done with other steaks, but the point is to be able to take a cheaper cut of beef and make it more tender and flavorful. It think the original was a New York Strip. I wouldn't use it on a ribeye. I think we decided that the fat in this cut held a bit more of the salt than was desired.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.