No More Dinners for Dinner Reviews????
  Re: (...)
Are these a thing of the past????? Erin missed hers - Roxanne missed hers (and we missed her b'day ) - and Daphne's is coming up......

Anyone interested???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: No More Dinners for Dinner Reviews???? by cjs (Are these a thing of...)
Oh my goodness! What you said the other day....time is flying! I had planned on being ready for mine!

I'll check out the books I've got and see if something is in there that jumps out to be tried. I want to do it, but I want to be sure we have something yummy no one has tried...or at least most of us. It's been so long since we did one, and I've missed the last two. And I know I need something to get me out of my slump....I guess it's the winter blues.

I'll get back with you later today or tomorrow.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: No More Dinners for Dinner Reviews???? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh my goodness! Wha...)
I still enjoy them, Jean. I'll do the next one if possible.
I like to do stuff from the older issues that got by me, y'know? Some of them I've hardly touched
The online dinners for review can help me to sometimes "rediscover" an entire issue.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: No More Dinners for Dinner Reviews???? by farnfam (I still enjoy them, ...)
Funny you should mention this, Jean. I've been thinking of posting the same question. Seems like ages since I participated in one and definately miss it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: No More Dinners for Dinner Reviews???? by cjs (Are these a thing of...)
YES!!!!!! I love those things!

But in all honesty, I like them better when the dinners are from a NEW issue (something I haven't cooked), and we are all in the same boat, so to speak. For me, that makes it more fun and I feel more connected to the moment.

How bout everyone else?

BTW- You scared me Jean. I thought you were going to tell us that C@H didn't like us doing that for some reason and wanted us to STOP! Whew!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: No More Dinners for Dinner Reviews???? by luvnit (YES!!!!!! I love tho...)
"wanted us to STOP!" IF ONLY they even knew about these dinners and what a boost it could give to the magazine!!! sigh.

I must say, I agree with Cis on the old issues that sneak by me...but, I'm game for anything anyone wants to choose. Hey, Daphne, if you choose one, the review date would be right on your birthday - how cool is that?????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: No More Dinners for Dinner Reviews???? by cjs ("wanted us to STOP!"...)
Well, I know I am contradicting myself, but when a meal is suggested that makes me take a second look at an old issue, I am thrilled too.

I love the dinner reviews and I hope we can all get back on track with them soon.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: No More Dinners for Dinner Reviews???? by luvnit (Well, I know I am co...)
I just finished looking through the last two issues and the Volumes I have and not really cooked from yet...except for stuff I already got on here. I've been meaning to do this and mark ones to try. I've tried to pick stuff I don't remember seeing on here before. It's Volumes 7, 9, and 10 for those of you with the Volumes. Otherwise, these are posted with (issue:page).

Okay, from newest to oldest:

Bourbon Beef Noodle Bowl with maple, sweet potatoes and spinach (73:15)
Taragon Beef Tornedo Salad (73:40) and the Chocolate Pots de Creme (73:41)
Slow Cooker Cassoulet (73:45)
Thai Green Curry Chicken (73:46)
Sage-Crusted Pork Tenderloin with apple-thyme compote with Mashed Root Vegetables (72:33)
Asian Chicken Rolls with tangy plum sauce (72:48)
Tandoori Shrimp Skewers with pineapple chutney (72:49)
Smokey Grits Souffle with Shrimp Creole (55:10-11)
Pork Chops Osso Buco (55:23) with suggested side
Spring Roll Salad with red curry shrimp (57:13)
Hungarian Meatball Kebabs with creamy paprikash sauce and Couscous with Peas (59:31)
Jalapeno Beef with Cheese Polenta & Tortilla Chili Sauce (59:38)
Pan-Roasted Oyster Stew and Frisee Salad with potato-bacon vinaigrette (60:34-5)
Steak Diane (The Julia Child Master's Class) (49:12-5)
Big Easy Nachos (49:30-1)
Linguiine with Mussels, Prosciutto, & Peas in Lemon-Tarragon Cream Sauce (51:17)
Grilled Peel-and-Eat Colossal Shrimp with Garlic-Tabasco Butter (51:27)Grilled Clams and Sausage in Spicy Tomato Broth (52:15)
Tortilla Chip Chicken with Avocado Dip and Savory Slaw (52:38-9)
Terriyaki Chicken Breasts with Stir-Fried Vegetables and Sweet and Sour Rice (54:13)
West Coast Cioppino (54:32)
Louisiana Shrimp Gumbo (39:17)
Chinese Chicken "Lollipops" with dipping sauces(42:35)

I want to try the Tiramisu (38:39) but don't know that I'll get to that. Also, if we pick any of these, we can decide on sides later, if needed.
Daphne
  Re: Re: No More Dinners for Dinner Reviews???? by Gourmet_Mom (I just finished look...)
My lady, it is your birthday - you must pick the dinner!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: No More Dinners for Dinner Reviews???? by cjs (My lady, it is your ...)
DANG! I was afraid you'd say that! Can we at least eliminate any that others have done and/or reviewed? PULEASE....LOL!

The ones I'm leaning toward:

Smokey Grits Souffle with Shrimp Creole (55:10-11)
Hungarian Meatball Kebabs with creamy paprikash sauce and Couscous with Peas (59:31)
Big Easy Nachos (49:30-1) I'm thinking this may be a done deal as an appy.
Linguiine with Mussels, Prosciutto, & Peas in Lemon-Tarragon Cream Sauce (51:17)
Clams and Sausage in Spicy Tomato Broth (52:15)
West Coast Cioppino (54:32)
Louisiana Shrimp Gumbo (39:17)

and maybe the Tiramisu.

Oh, and I forgot...I WILL be making Ruby Sippers, but I've already done these, so nothing new there.

Can you tell I'm craving seafood...LOL! I left the meatball one, simply because I've never had Couscous AND it's so different from our usual fare. On the other hand, I have never had Cioppino and have always wanted to try it.
Daphne