Biscuits from heaven!
  Re: (...)
I've made these twice now - and they are so good I just had to share with you all. From "The South, The Beautiful Cookbook".

Touch of Grace Biscuits

1 1/2 c cake flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1 TBS sugar
3 TBS unsalted butter or shortening cut into 3 pieces
1 to 1 1/4 cup buttermilk or cream (or a combination)
3/4 c. A.P. flour
2 TBS melted butter

Preheat oven to 475 - 500 and lightly coat an 8" round cake pan with Pam

In a food processor combine dry ingredients, pulsing several times. Add butter and pulse untilthe lumps are pea sized or smaller. Add the buttermilk and process just until blended. Let stand 2-3 minutes.

Pour the 3/4 c. of flour into a pie plate and flour your hands well. Spoon a biscuit sized lump of WET dough into the flour and gently coat with flour and shape into a round while shaking off any excess flour. As you shape each biscuit place it in the prepared pan pushing the biscuits tightly together so they will rise up and not spread out. Continue shaping biscuits until all the dough is used.

Brush the biscuits with melted butter and bake just above the oven center until lightly borwned - 15 to 20 minutes. Cool a minute or two in the pan. Serve.

Remember the dough is impossibly wet - and quick gentle handling is the trick. These bisuits darn near float off the plate! Oh so good and oh so light!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Biscuits from heaven! by Harborwitch (I've made these twic...)
Wow, these sound amazing. I'll have to ask my mom if she recognizes the recipe. She used to make strawberry freezer jam every year and take a jar of that and a pan of "Angel Biscuits" to neighbors and friends on Christmas Eve for their Christmas morning breakfast. They were very good...light and fluffy.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I am 'biscuit challenged' so this may help me out a lot. I like the scoop and shape method used.

Gonna give these a try Sharon.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Biscuits from heaven! by luvnit (I am 'biscuit challe...)
Ahhh, something that sounds good to me! I often avoid bisquits because I hate the rolling and cutting. Thanks for sharing!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Biscuits from heaven! by chef_Tab (Ahhh, something that...)
I'm drooling Thanks, Sharon----another recipe for the to do file--
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Biscuits from heaven! by Roxanne 21 (I'm drooling [img]...)
Isn't that Shirley (something)'s recipe?? Been around for years?? I made them a long, long time ago. they are wonderful.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Biscuits from heaven! by cjs (Isn't that Shirley (...)
I've never been able to make a good biscuit so always buy them in a can, but will try these since you recommend them.
Thanks, Sharon. If I can make these anybody can.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Biscuits from heaven! by cjs (Isn't that Shirley (...)
Yes. I think it's the best biscuit recipe ever and it takes no time at all - other than preheating the oven. We buttered and toasted the leftovers to go with our soup last night. Yummy.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
I'll have to try this recipe. I made CC's version a few years ago, and as usual with CI, dirtied every dish and pan in the house, resulting in really heavy biscuits. The birds really enjoyed them.

Copied and printed, thanks!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Biscuits from heaven! by pjcooks (I'll have to try thi...)
Wow, that sounds amazing! I'm a huge fan of biscuits, soo yummy! Thanks for posting! I work with How2Heroes and there's a similar recipe like this on their site for Southern Biscuits. Here's the link to their how-to video recipe: http://how2heroes.com/videos/dessert-and...n-biscuits

Let me know what you think!