Dinner ? - Wednesday, 2/11
  Re: (...)
Leftovers for us - the chicken Francese will turn into a panini tonight I'm thinking with the rest of the box of Rst'd. Red Pepper soup. And a little green salad. You know those salad dressings that just catch your taste buds and you want to spoon it straight from the pitcher to the mouth??? I made one this week, that the flavors are just perfect for my taste buds and I can't get enough of it.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Honey-Balsamic Dressing - Wonderful

2 T. White Balsamic Vinegar
1 T. honey
1/2 T. Dijon mustard
1 shallot -- minced
1 cup olive oil
Salt & Pepper

Combine the vinegar, honey, mustard and shallot in a medium-sized bowl. With a whisk, slowly add the olive oil whisking continuously to form an emulsion. Season to taste with salt & pepper.

The secret may very well be the olive oil I used - don't know if I've mentioned that we have a wonderful restaurant (in fact we're going there Saturday for Valentine's dinner with friends), Cedar Creek in Sequim that sells their flavored olive oil in a great little dispenser - it's a little pricey, BUT whenever you go back in you can take the bottle back and you get a refill free!!! The flavorings are always different, but all are so great tasting. What a great gimmick for a restaurant.

http://www.cedarcreekcuisine.com/index.html

What's everyone else up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner ? - Wednesday, 2/11 by cjs (Leftovers for us - t...)
Love that refill idea. Do you know which brand of olive oil they use?

This dressing does sound very interesting.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Dinner ? - Wednesday, 2/11 by labradors (Love that refill ide...)
That is a great marketing idea! Their menu alsso looks great.

I cooked the ham yesterday, so it's leftover ham tonight. I think I'll make scalloped potatoes, and some kind of rutabaga / carrot mixture.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Dinner ? - Wednesday, 2/11 by Lorraine (That is a great mark...)
I think we're doing the 5 spice tilapia, depends on what time I get home - might be lamb shanks in a coffee chipotle sauce with cheddar cheese polenta. Hmmmmmmmmmm????????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Dinner ? - Wednesday, 2/11 by Harborwitch (I think we're doing ...)
I don't know what kind they use, but we're going for a refill (us and the bottle) Saturday and I'll try to remember and ask.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner ? - Wednesday, 2/11 by cjs (I don't know what ki...)
I'm making a chicken dish with tomatoes, white wine, garlic, fresh basil, olives and capers. Roasted potatoes on the side.
The dressing sounds like a good one. I'm having company for dinner tomorrow. I'll give it a try.
Love the OO idea. We're having stuffed haddock, baked spuds, baby peas and rolls. Klondike bars for dessert, today was 55 degrees and pretty warm, so ice cream it is!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Dinner ? - Wednesday, 2/11 by pjcooks (Love the OO idea. W...)
It's absolutely beautiful here, except or the wind.

I love the OO idea...great gimmick. I also like the dressing. I used up the last of my Balsamic today for lunch, so will try this in the next day or two when I have salad again.

Tonight is taco/burrito bar with red beans and rice.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner ? - Wednesday, 2/11 by Gourmet_Mom (It's absolutely beau...)
We had two of the grandbabies and their dad here for dinner. I asked the picky one what she wanted for dinner and she said "cheese". I think she must live on macaroni and cheese. Anyway, I ended up making a cheesey chicken and noodle type casserole from a Gooseberry Patch cookbook and a crunchy chopped salad to go with. It was okay, definately a hit with the girls, so I sent the l/os home with them.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."