Breading pork chops . . . and other stuff???
  Re: (...)
Last night I was getting ready to cook up some pork chops - and really didn't want to crack eggs for the breading and then dump whatever doesn't get used down the drain. I thought I'd get a small carton of fake eggs for that then I could just pour out as much as I needed.

Didn't do me any good for last night though, until I had a gigantic brain fart (can I say that here?). I smeared about a third of a cup of Best Foods in the bottom of a pie plate, seasoned up my bread crumbs, and coated the chops with the mayo and then into the crumbs and an hot pan.

Those were the juiciest pork chops ever! They weren't real thick so I was worried that they'd dry out a bit - but they stayed perfect and the breading stuck perfectly without any additional flour. Bob and I licked our plates clean.

I don't think I'd use this technique all the time, but it sure worked like a charm.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Breading pork chops . . . and other stuff??? by Harborwitch (Last night I was get...)
I've done that with chicken breasts and they come out perfect. No need to use eggs, the mayo does a great job of holding the breadcrumbs, and the flavor is soooo good.
  Re: Breading pork chops . . . and other stuff??? by Harborwitch (Last night I was get...)
Well who'da thunk? What a great idea. How come you put mayo in the bottom of the pan and the bread crumbs on top of it?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Breading pork chops . . . and other stuff??? by bjcotton (Well who'da thunk? ...)
I've used mayo for a 'glue' also, Sharon and then crumbs - I agree it's a great method and it browns so nicely also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Breading pork chops . . . and other stuff??? by bjcotton (Well who'da thunk? ...)
The mayo was in one pan and the breadcrumbs in another. I was trying to "not" say slather the porkchops in the mayo on both sides - and should have said then coat in crumbs.
  Re: Re: Breading pork chops . . . and other stuff??? by Harborwitch (The mayo was in one ...)
Got cha! Sounds good, I loves pork chops!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
" I smeared about a third of a cup of Best Foods in the bottom of a pie plate "

I'm a bit lost here. What's "Best Foods"
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Breading pork chops . . . and other stuff??? by bjcotton (Got cha! Sounds goo...)
Sounds good Sharon. I think I'll try that next time with maybe some Dijon added in. Do you think that would mess it up?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Breading pork chops . . . and other stuff??? by Lorraine (" I smeared about a ...)
Hellmans on the East coast - mayonnaise.

I think the Dijon might be pretty darn good in it. Good thought Daphne.
  Re: Re: Breading pork chops . . . and other stuff??? by Harborwitch (Hellmans on the East...)
I most use fresh breadcrumbs with parsley or chives or something crumbed up with them. I am sure it makes all meat more tender. I love it on filet steak.