Annual Volumes
  Re: (...)
Does anyone here have the annual volumes? If you do I would like your opinion and perhaps answer my questions:

1. How well do you like the annual volumes compared to the magazine?

2. Are the annual volumes laid out like the magazine, or is it organized like a cookbook: appetizers, main course, desserts, etc.?

3. What do you use more, magzine or annual volume?

4. Do you have the soft cover or hard cover? If you have both, which do you prefer?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Annual Volumes by luvnit (Does anyone here hav...)
Interesting questions---

1. I have all of the annual volumes BEFORE I subscribed to the 6 issues per year......seven volumes in total.

2. The volumes are a compilation of the original issues----exactly the same but in a yearly format....six issues per volume.

3. I use them the same----I go to whatever issue I refer to------1-42 in my annuals and then I go to the single issues that are in one of those binders ( 6 issues per year) Issue 43 and ongoing-----

The annual volumes are in a "semi-soft" cover---the hard cover is the binder that has a collection of six issues for a year.

Hope that helps a little---

Please feel free to ask more questions if that is not clear.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Annual Volumes by Roxanne 21 (Interesting question...)
I have the later magazines in binders. I bought a package of binders at Sam's instead of buying the ones from CAH. The early one's are in magazine racks because they aren't three-hole punched. I should have all of them in binders because it makes it easier to keep them in order so you can actually find things.
  Re: Re: Annual Volumes by HomeCulinarian (I have the later mag...)
Laura, I am in the process of buying the Annual Volumes. Since I just joined last year, I have a lot of catching up to do. I have Volumes 7, 9, and 10...don't ask...LOL! I have the hard cover. I figured they would be more durable. To explain the layout, you get a table of contents that looks much like what you see when you click on the individual volumes, showing each bimonthly magazine cover with a few of the dishes listed below. After that you get each issue, just as it was published as a magazine. At the end you get an index of all the dishes, cross referenced, giving volume and page number. I'll be ordering Volumes 11 and 8, so that I'm a little more "in order" soon. Can you tell it bothers me I have skipped around?

One more thing, if I had a complaint, it would be the binding. I would have preferred rings, but they come with the plastic ring binding style. Think locally produced cookbooks. But the whole thing IS encased in a hard cover to protect the plastic rings. At least that is better than a sewn binding.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Annual Volumes by Gourmet_Mom (Laura, I am in the p...)
I have them all, after buying 1 edition, I went back and got all of them.!!!