The Happy Side Of Cancer Mountain
  Re: (...)
Jane is cancer free and if she has no infections Monday her reconstructive surgery is scheduled for Tuesday. You all have been with us this entire journey and have been so supportive--I want you to share in our joy--surgery is always dangerous, so we ask for your thoughts and prayers one more time--but while the oncology wing and the surgery wings of M D Anderson are optimistic, up, and supportive, they are full of folks (including kids) with no hair and the look of chemo.

The plastic surgery section is so happy--everyone there has won the initial battle and now looks to balance their body and become normal looking. Life AND clothes assume normalcy. This not vanity but the desire to look like your friends again.

The best quote I heard came from a survivor who told Jane "You and I are going to have the best looking b--bs in the nursing home". I love that optimism.
Be with Jane next week--I'll report!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: The Happy Side Of Cancer Mountain by Old Bay (Jane is cancer free ...)
Oh yes....Bill I so remember those days when William would go in for radiation. At the time, due to remodel work at Duke, the chemo and radiation patients shared the same waiting room. This was the hardest part for William...both of us really.

I am glad those days are behind you both and will make sure a special prayer is said for Jane Tuesday morning. And Jane, you enjoy the he-- out of those new b--bs! You've earned them!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
You can count on it, Bill, and thanks for letting us know. Jane will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Bill you can count on our prayers. Hopefully I'll be on that side of the mountain soon. I'm looking forward thaving 2 b==bs that point in the same direction instead of one heading northwest and one heading southeast!

Give Jane a big hug for me and a thumbs up!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: The Happy Side Of Cancer Mountain by Harborwitch (Bill you can count o...)
I'll be praying for Jane on Tuesday.... Good to know you're walking on the happy side of the mountain.
  Re: Re: The Happy Side Of Cancer Mountain by HomeCulinarian (I'll be praying for ...)
What a great Valentines Day gift! You and Jane will be in my prayers.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: The Happy Side Of Cancer Mountain by chef_Tab (What a great Valenti...)
What everyone else said, plus my love to you both!! Going to be lots of good lookin' b--bs in the home down the road a piece.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The Happy Side Of Cancer Mountain by cjs (What everyone else s...)
Great news. I'll be thinking of both of you.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: The Happy Side Of Cancer Mountain by Lorraine (Great news. I'll be...)
I'm right there with you two! My prayers and thoughts are still with you every day and night. Love you!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
My prayers are with you both.