Kitty=Dawg
  Re: (...)
That's her name, only because he'd rather have a dog! It's our new kitty. Without going into too much detail, never know who reads what on the web. We got her because the owners don't do "litter boxes". They don't know how old she is. She has no name. They left her at the old house months ago to fend for herself, just recently brought her here. They think she's been neutered, otherwise, she'd be pregnant.

She's the most wonderfull cat you could want. Other than she is always hungry (do you blame her). She has her own blankie on the sofa, and loves to sleep there (when she's not on the bed watching tv with us). She's very clean, in that she grooms herself often, but still looks really mangy. You can almost count her ribs. We'll try to take her to the vets this weeks, just to make sure all is ok, and to get her some shots.

It made me think of Billy's Buddy. If I'm in the kitchen, she's at my heels. Amazing how fast they become part of you.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Kitty=Dawg by Lorraine (That's her name, onl...)
Well, is SHE ever going to have an identity crisis! LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Kitty=Dawg by labradors (Well, is SHE ever go...)
LOL! Love the name Lorraine! Too funny! It warms my heart to hear of someone rescuing an abandoned animal. It makes me so angry to think someone would just put out a cat.

We've got two adopted cats and a dog. The cats live outside unless OS is home. The male is a HUGE yellow tabby, named Sammie and is more wild than not. The female, Kiwi, is small and sweet. Scruffy, a beagle looking dog with short legs, wandered up one day, and OS took her in and fed her, took her to the vet and had her neutered. The neighborhood is her home. One neighbor makes her a steak every weekend and gives her ice water in the summer. Same neighbor even had a chip put in her. (We were a little put out about that.) Another neighbor drives to town to buy her cheeseburgers and feeds her canned Filet Mignon Alpo. When it's really cold and during the week, when everyone is gone, she parks at our house at night. Such a spoiled dog!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Kitty=Dawg by Gourmet_Mom (LOL! Love the name...)
A long time ago, a friend of mine and his [then] fiancée [now wife] were "adopted" by a stray cat that kept following them around INSIDE a mall. They took the cat home with them and, since he had lost his tail, they named him "curtail." LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Kitty=Dawg by labradors (Well, is SHE ever go...)
" SHE ever going to have an identity crisis "

Big time. She's afraid to outside. I think she thinks we won't bring her back in.
She can do very well outside, she has the longest claws I've ever seen on a cat. She can be very standoffish, this long, skiny cat with tall very erect ears, who sits like one of those Egyptian cats, and stares at you.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Kitty=Dawg by Lorraine (" SHE ever going to ...)
Oh, I used to baby sit for a couple with a Siamese who used to do that. She'd sit right on top of the television and stare back at you....spooky!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Kitty=Dawg by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, I used to baby s...)
Oh Lorraine, that's fantastic and I love the name! There's a pretty good chance K-D will settle down and eat less in a few more days when she realizes that she will be having regular meals.

When we adopted Charlie, he had been on his own for a little while and was just filthy. But, after a couple of baths with good shampoo, his coat was shining again. He ate an awful lot at first, but then settled down. He was so grateful that he couldn't stop kissing me and following me around the house.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Kitty=Dawg by Mare749 (Oh Lorraine, that's ...)
Jean, again - step away from this post...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Kitty=Dawg by cjs (Jean, again - step a...)
Lorraine, you are so sweet to love this dear creature. I love all animals, but cats have a special place in my heart. I take in all strays too. My friends tease that the next step for me is to start stealing from the neighbors, which if any of you remember, I almost did a few months ago. Bless you for your kindness. I like to think I am saving the world, one cat at a time. A huge hug to you and the kitty.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Kitty=Dawg by chef_Tab (Lorraine, you are so...)
Oh you are so wonderful to have taken in this little friend! You will be rewarded in ever so many ways.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com