Sunday Dinner 2/15/09
  Re: (...)
I still have that wonderful book from the library, Pasta Italia. I am going to make Lasagna Ferrara Style. It's from the Northern part of Italy so its a bechamel sauce, prosciutto, white wine, beef, tomotoes. Nice meaty white lasagna. yummmmmm.

I took the picture from the book and if it's any good, I will post the actual recipe.

[Image: ferrara.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Sunday Dinner 2/15/09 by luvnit (I still have that wo...)
I like the addition of the prosciutto and the ones made with bechamel that I've made have been huge hits here! I'll be looking forward to this one.

After last night and today's leftover lunch, I shouldn't eat anything! I may just do a roasted chicken and just have leftover spinach salad. Then I can sneak another chocolate pot and not feel TOO guilty.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner 2/15/09 by Gourmet_Mom (I like the addition ...)
If my husband can find the frozen tilapia at Costco, I'm going to make the Five Spice Tilipia with warm orange sauce. Stir fried baby bok choy and steamed rice as sides.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner 2/15/09 by Trixxee (If my husband can fi...)
Ah, the oven fried chicken and northern cornbread.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner 2/15/09 by Trixxee (If my husband can fi...)
Quote:

If my husband can find the frozen tilapia at Costco, I'm going to make the Five Spice Tilipia with warm orange sauce. Stir fried baby bok choy and steamed rice as sides.

If they don't have it, don't forget to try the basa (if they do have that).

My Sunday dinner (eating it right now) is the review dinner, so nothing further from me on the subject.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Sunday Dinner 2/15/09 by luvnit (I still have that wo...)
I got my copy of the book - boy are there some wonderful things in there!

It's kind of cold and nasty today - I'm thinking pastitsio. It's pasta 2 nights in a row - but Bob'll love it. This way I can save the planned Mexican dinner for when Billy arrives!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner 2/15/09 by Harborwitch (I got my copy of the...)
And what book would that be Sharon?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner 2/15/09 by Gourmet_Mom (And what book would ...)
Five-Treasure Fried Rice (I cook my rice the day before and chill it really good)

2 Tbs. canola oil
1 cup peeled, finely diced broccoli stems (from about 1-1/4 lb. broccoli)
3/4 cup finely diced carrots
3/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame
3/4 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
4 scallions (both white and green parts), thinly sliced
2 Tbs. finely grated fresh ginger
2 large cloves garlic, minced
4 cups very cold cooked brown rice
3/4 cup finely diced Canadian bacon (4 oz.)(you could use left over chicken, pork or leave it out all together for a total vegetarian dish)
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce

Heat all but 1 tsp. of the oil in a large nonstick skillet or stir-fry pan over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli stems, carrots, and bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables begin to soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the edamame and corn and cook until the edamame is thawed, about 1 minute. Add the scallion, ginger, and garlic and cook, stirring, until the raw garlic aroma subsides, about 1 minute. Add the rice and Canadian bacon and cook, stirring, until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.

Make a 3-inch well in the center of the rice mixture. Add the remaining 1 tsp. oil, then the eggs, and cook, stirring, until the eggs are almost fully scrambled. Stir the eggs into the rice mixture. Stir in the soy sauce and serve.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner 2/15/09 by DFen911 (Five-Treasure Fried ...)
Oh Yum! I have been looking for a good Fried Rice recipe! Thanks for sharing! Will give it a try soon!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner 2/15/09 by esgunn (Oh Yum! I have bee...)
Oh, we love fried rice! Thanks for the idea. I needed a side for next week!
Daphne