Where do you all buy parchment paper?
  Re: (...)
I've been buying the roll from the grocery store long enough! So, was thinking of buying one of these:

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/sub434/p...iners.html

Of course, I'm hoping to find a local source for it so I won't have to pay for shipping. Any ideas?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Where do you all buy parchment paper? by Mare749 (I've been buying the...)
Maryann, they are on my list of things to check out next week at the Sysco outlet store. they are so much easier than trying to cut off the proper length. I'll let you know if they have them.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Where do you all buy parchment paper? by Lorraine (Maryann, they are on...)
Maryann, I buy a box of the sheets from Cash & Carry and Roy has to make a holder for it everywhere we move - Ron can make one for you.

[Image: parchmentpaper.jpg]
Crap, can you find it in thatmess???? It's right in the center.
It's so handy
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Where do you all buy parchment paper? by cjs (Maryann, I buy a box...)
Yes, I do see it, how cool is that! I have some shelves like that in the basement where I keep my extra stuff. What I can't see is what is holding up the box of parchment?
Maryann

You know I have been searching the internet for a decent place to get parchment paper. I too have been buying the 'rolls' and I really dislike them since they curl up. My stepfather worked as a chef for a nearby college and he was able to get these wonderful sheets and their discount. He retired and I didn't plan ahead for my supply. I love the single sheets of parchment.

The prices on that website look great! The sheets would be .02 cents a piece. Not bad.

I like Jean/Roy's setup hanging it from the pantry shelf. Pretty clever.

I think I am gonna order from them soon. I think I'd just go ahead and order the 2000, I think that would last a loooong time.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Where do you all buy parchment paper? by Mare749 (Yes, I do see it, ho...)
I buy the rolls of parchment at the grocery store. The flat sheets sure would be nicer to use rather than the curly rolls. I'll have to look into that!

Great ... another thing I didn't know I needed to have that I found out about here!
  Re: Re: Where do you all buy parchment paper? by Lorraine (Maryann, they are on...)
Thanks Lorraine. I could always ask my father-in-law to get a box for me since he has access to Sysco. I thought it was strange that I couldn't get it at Gordons Food Service. We don't have Cash and Carry out here and the new restaurant supply store doesn't sell to the general public! But, as Laura pointed out, it is pretty cheap to buy online, so that's an option too.
Maryann

Re: Re: Where do you all buy parchment paper? by Mare749 (Thanks Lorraine. I ...)
I noticed Jean has stretch-tite too! The only saran type wrap I use!

I use the roll of parchment from Costco(I think). Maybe Sams. I go to both a lot. Only because they have it instead of the sheets. If you wet the corners, they stick to the pan and stop curling.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
That's a good price, I don't remember exactly where I ordered mine from a few years ago, I bought a ton of half sheets somewhere but that price looks pretty good to me. I only have a hundred left so I need to order again, will do it at that site. Thanks!

I also use stretch tite. For years I had to order it from them, now my local Demoulas carries it.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Where do you all buy parchment paper? by pjcooks (That's a good price,...)
Quote:

I buy the rolls of parchment at the grocery store. The flat sheets sure would be nicer to use rather than the curly rolls. I'll have to look into that!

Great ... another thing I didn't know I needed to have that I found out about here!

Ditto! Thanks you guys!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.