A website worth noting
  Re: (...)
I go to this site about once a year and stock up on different seasonings, sea salt, cereals, pastas, dried goods, etc. They have some great prices on bulk items. Even Halloween candy!

www.bulkfoods.com

Remember shipping is only $5 for orders of $75 or more. The last time I ordered, I wasn't thinking and only ordered $50 worth of stuff. Then paid nearly $20 in shipping since bulk salt and seasonings weigh a lot. I could've kicked myself.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: A website worth noting by luvnit (I go to this site ab...)
I've heard of this website, Laura, but have never ordered anything from it....yet. (thanks a lot for posting this )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A website worth noting by cjs (I've heard of this w...)
Thanks Laura! YS should be out soon, so I hope to start my "retirement" pantry soon!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: A website worth noting by luvnit (I go to this site ab...)
This is an interesting site. Thanks for posting it, luvnit.
  Re: Re: A website worth noting by sophia (This is an interesti...)
Has anyone ordered from them and know how their quality is? That's neat to have a place to get stuff like that in bulk.
  Re: Re: A website worth noting by DFen911 (Has anyone ordered f...)
Only my 2 cents: I have ordered from there for 4 years. I mainly order seasonings which I have to buy in bulk to make my Grandma Behrendt's Seasoned Pepper and Grandma Behrendt's Seasoned Salt (my husband's grandmother's recipe). I can buy almost everything I need there and I find the seasonings to be very aromatic. I have been very pleased. I have also purchased dried fruits from them which have been very, very good. I have also purchased sea salt, TVP and some various beans, all of which were also good. One thing I purchased for the kids I was not happy with and ended up not using them was the cereal marshmellows. You know those chalky things in lucky charms. Well these were not 'chalky' they were more chewy. My kids didn't like them so there they sat in the pantry.

If you have ever purchased bulk foods in the store or local coop: seeds, nuts, flours, dried fruits, beans, spices, etc. That is the type of quality I would expect from this company.

Maybe someone else has ordered from them and can add their experience.

Anyone?... anyone?... Bueller.
Laura
  Re: Re: A website worth noting by luvnit (Only my 2 cents: I ...)
Thanks Laura I want to make my own rubs and jar them as gifts so this is great news!
  Re: Re: A website worth noting by DFen911 (Thanks Laura [img]/u...)
You know I buy bottles (they have jars too) at a site called www.ebottles.com very good prices, at least for what I get. I can even safety seal them with a shrink wrap band. I give them as gifts and sell them for fundraising too.

Here is one that's not shrink wrapped, it doesn't photograph as nice. I had my labels made online too. Sorry this is not the greatest picture, I think I need to retake these, they seem a little cloudy.

[Image: saltnpepper2.jpg]
Laura
  Re: Re: A website worth noting by luvnit (You know I buy bottl...)
Oh another one bookmarked. Thank you
  Re: Re: A website worth noting by DFen911 (Oh another one bookm...)
looks really good, Laura. hmmmm, with all my open shelving and the remodel, it might make sense to look into some pretty or at least matching bottles.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com