Speaking of Over Indulgence!!
  Re: (...)
I'll show you mine if you show me yours!! And I'll probably dislike anyone with a real neat pantry!!

This is mine and will be redone soon -

[Image: pantry1.jpg]

and the other side -
[Image: pantry2.jpg]

As you can tell I'm a real pack rat - but I love to be able to see a recipe and just go to the pantry and "usually" be able to make the dish.

Your turn.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Speaking of Over Indulgence!! by cjs (I'll show you mine i...)
I wish I had a pantry, but I don't. And I don't think yours looks messy.

My gosh I have seen far worse than yours. Pantries tend to be a good 'catch all' spot for most.

Can't wait to see what others have for a pantry.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Speaking of Over Indulgence!! by luvnit (I wish I had a pantr...)
I don't have a pantry, just kitchen cabinets. I have one of those metal shelves in the laundry room and it holds some kitchen stuff. Last house, we put in a pantry when we remodeled the kitchen. I think it was my favorite feature in the whole house. I miss opening the door and having everything in plain view.
  Re: Speaking of Over Indulgence!! by cjs (I'll show you mine i...)
I don't have a pantry but I do have separate areas for goodies in my cabinets-----one area is pastas, another Asian ingredients, another vinegars and oils, another with baking ingredients---I'm BORING!!!!! TOO many "stuffs" in different places but organized for my cooking "skills"---I designed my kitchen cabinets to accomodate the ingredients I use---I also have a huge cupboard in another room for my back up (extras). When I notice something I use, I will purchase for future use----is this a little confusing???
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Speaking of Over Indulgence!! by Roxanne 21 (I don't have a pantr...)
No, not confusing Rox...I get it.

I'll take pics of mine this weekend. I have to wait to get my hands on the camera...But Jean, that doesn't look like excess to me. Actually, I don't see too many things in yours, I don't have in mine...well, except, maybe some of the spirits. I don't stock that these days....still got a 19 year old in the house that would gladly "relieve me" of my "excess".

Oh, I know what I was going to comment on....the beer kept room temp. I have to buy chilled and wind up letting one of the kids have what I don't use. Won't do that any more. Now that I'm drinking wine, Ashley sadly leaves without an open bottle these days...LOL! She does like to "shop" in my pantry and fridge/freezer when she comes, though. Poor thing, last time she was here, she asked for a roll of the good TP. Bless her heart, she has become quite a budget shopper!
  Re: Re: Speaking of Over Indulgence!! by Gourmet_Mom (No, not confusing Ro...)
Also, I love your pots hanging. I have my pot rack, but I still haven't figured out what to do with my lids....any suggestions?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Speaking of Over Indulgence!! by Gourmet_Mom (Also, I love your po...)
Is the hook long enough to also hold the lid by its loop? It may have to go backwards, but that's how I have mine going.

I'd shoot you a pic to show you how the Hubby made me a Lap-Joint hanger for my pots and pans.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Speaking of Over Indulgence!! by BarbaraS (Is the hook long eno...)
My lids have a handle on top that slides onto the handle of the pot. This way they can be stored together.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Speaking of Over Indulgence!! by chef_Tab (My lids have a handl...)
Barbara, I have a hanging rack over my cooking area. While the lids will hang on the hooks, it just doesn't look right.

Theresa, while Jean's set up would work with your handle idea, I don't think it would look right on my rack. But danged if I ain't gonna check it out this weekend.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Speaking of Over Indulgence!! by chef_Tab (My lids have a handl...)
Wow, talk about senility...

I hang my lids over and down the handles. I also hang the splatter screens and other handles over the hooks.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.